Carl Bower

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Carl Bower

Post by Bigfoot »

Hey Gang, well. It may not come as a surprise but my dad. The Carl as we called him passed away early this morning at the young age of 83. He was a big supporter of our sport and pretty fun fella to talk to behind the line when warming up by the fire even if he told the same old stories again and again. When we last spoke earlier today he lamented the fact that Tacoma rifle club was no longer a place that had matches and how much he missed being able to shoot the shit wiht the gang. He considered this community as his family and I'm proud to say that he made it my extended family as well. L'cham Dad.
Res ipsa loquitur
Pete
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Carl Bower

Post by Pete »

Mark, so sorry to hear about your Dad. I will miss hearing his stories and consulting on his dream projects. If I can be of any help or if you just want to talk, call any time. Loren
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I sure will miss getting to talk to your dad at the matches, Mark. The Carl was part of my WA silhouette shooting family, and we'll all have his stories to remember. Despite the sadness right now, I'm very glad that I got to know him. Let me know if you need anything, brother.
Byron
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Byron »

Mark;
Not unexpected but sad. Your dad was a great man and father. I enjoyed my trips with you two to Pe Ell. His stories always entertained the crowd around the stove and he willed be missed by me and many others. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Byron
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Mark, so very sorry for the loss of your father..... I always enjoyed being in his company. He had that humorous, easy way that a man who's lived long and well often does..... Peace to both of you.....
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Sorry to hear of your loss Mark.
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

Mark,
My sincerest condolences go out to your and your family at the loss of your father.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Sorry to hear about the Carl, Mark. My condolences. I only got to shoot with him a few times, but I enjoyed yakking with him.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Seamus O'Grady
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Seamus O'Grady »

Your Dad was a pleasure to talk to and kibbitz with at the matches. We'll miss seeing him and visiting and he will be remembered as a good friend.
Sorry for your loss Mark.
Citius, Altius, Fortius