2018 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2018 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Post by Doodaddy »

February 10-11, 2018, the 2018 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional will be hosted at Team Hatch Shooting Facility in Jonesboro, LA.

We're excited to announce the 2018 Chicken Coop Shoot! We've been very pleased with how the previous matches have gone and are hoping to continue improving. It’s a great time for fellowship and weather free shooting!

This year we are announcing a change to the format of the match. Going forward each match will be 60 shots opposed to the previous 80 shot matches.

Any and all suggestions are welcome so please do not hesitate to provide feedback. We want this to be a community loved event. There are pictures of the range and previous matches at the website: http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com/gallery/.

Just like previous years, for those that do not attend the match I will be providing real time results on the range's site.

A two day tournament (NRA Registered event) with an 60 shot match for each rifle. Target and Open will be shot Saturday February 10 with Sporter on Sunday February 11. Practice will be available Friday evening February 9, 2018. Resettable targets will be utilized for this tournament. Lunch will be served on Saturday and Sunday.

Entry fees will be $25 for the first rifle, $25 for the second, & $15 for the third rifle.

Registration can be sent to:

Danny Hatch
365 Swanner Watts rd
Jonesboro, LA 71251

Please see the attached file for the registration form.

Online payment can be sent via Paypal (friends and family method) to garinhatch@gmail.com or to $GarinHatch on Square Cash. Please email your registration to garinhatch@gmail.com

The range is sort of remotely located, but it is central to Little Rock to Baton Rouge and Dallas to Jackson. Just south of I-20. ~30 miles from Ruston, LA & ~37 miles from West Monroe, LA.

The address is: 429 Swanner Watts rd, Jonesboro, LA 71251.

Google Map Link to the range.

For lodging, I believe that the Jimmie Davis State Park is probably the best option. It's located very near the range (5-8 miles) and is on Caney Lake. The park offers a variety of lodging options (Deluxe Cabins $105/night, Deluxe Lodges $135/night, and Traditional Camp sites.) Deluxe Cabins sleep up to 8 people with 1 queen bed, 2 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper and the Deluxe Lodges sleep up to 14 people with 2 double beds, 4 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper. This has been spoken very highly of from several shooters. If some coordination can be made between a group of shooters, lodging can be very inexpensive.

Park site:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-st ... tate-park/

Floor Plan and images:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-st ... mmodations

Standard hotel options are below.
Jonesboro, LA Sleep Inn:
https://www.choicehotels.com/louisiana/ ... tels/la279

Ruston, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/ruston-la-hotels.html

West Monroe, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/west-m ... otels.html

Questions, concerns, comments, ideas, suggestions all can be sent to me here, RFC, or email: garinhatch@gmail.com or my cell at 318-237-6353. Please contact me or see http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com for anything you may need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Doodaddy on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2018 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Post by acorneau »

Had a great time last time and looking forward to it again.

\:D/
Allen Corneau
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Ok, I have one suggestion...

Online registration and payment please!

:D
Allen Corneau
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

acorneau wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 am Ok, I have one suggestion...

Online registration and payment please!

:D
Ask and it shall be delivered. Image

Online payment can be sent via Paypal (friends and family method) to garinhatch@gmail.com or to $GarinHatch on Square Cash. Please email your registration to garinhatch@gmail.com.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Just a week away. Hope to see a bunch of people there!

:ymparty:
Allen Corneau
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

I plan on doing an experiment this year. Not from demand or any reasonable need, but I plan on live streaming the match to YouTube. Mostly just because I can. It's too easy for me to do it rather than opt out of it if someone wanted to watch the match live or if a shooter wanted to go back and view their performance. It won't be anything amazing cinematically, but it will be there.

I will likely have to stream it to my personal account, because I didn't realize there was a grace period after creation on YouTube accounts being able to stream live so the Team Hatch account I created isn't eligible yet. If that changes I will edit this post. Below is the link to my personal account; I'll stream there and move the video over to the Team Hatch page after the match.

https://www.youtube.com/c/GarinHatch

I'll also post a link to the stream in each thread once I'm live.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

We are live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYPTy2SMax4

The stream will be pretty spotty it looks like. I'm doing my best with the cell service we have.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

that was so cool to watch. Too bad we couldn't watch the matches.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

psteiger wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:22 pm that was so cool to watch. Too bad we couldn't watch the matches.
I abandoned the stream because the cell service simply wasn't working. I'm going to try and upload them after the fact. Let's hope for better luck.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Who won? How did the lights work? Were Allen and Ken whining the whole day? =))
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

The crybaby that was whining the most has been ME !!! :ymtongue: :( I’m having to leave each day bout 1:15 to go to work.
But, I could have worser problems.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

psteiger wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:39 pm Who won? How did the lights work? Were Allen and Ken whining the whole day? =))
Not whining but I was freaking out at first because when we got to the range Saturday morning my range bag with my pellets, glasses, vest, etc. was no where to be found. I borrowed pellets from Carrie and Bill and made a blinder with some poster board. I found the bag under a cot after we got back to the cabin.

Didn’t do so great on Target but got a 44/60 with my TX200 in Open.

Dustin hit 127 Chickens with his Open gun.
Allen Corneau
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Good job! You did well. It's tough to overcome that stress and focus. I went to Winni one year with the kids and found I'd left the ammo at home on the bench. First and last time I EVER forgot anything. Luckily it was the olden days and I walked over to Cathy and bought a case of Eley. That was back when ALL the kids were shooting and Winni was a brick per kid allotment.

Great job to Dustin. He probably needs air. When E did the 165 pigs in Gonzales she about ran us out of air. That was after the 47 rams and I don't remember how many turkeys.........

Shoot good today!
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

acorneau wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:00 am Dustin hit 127 Chickens with his Open gun.
Allen: I think Dustin was using an Anschutz 2002CA target rifle when he hit the 127 chickens.

Pat: It sure was a lot easier to see the numbers on the scope this year with the extra lights installed over the firing line.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

The stream didn't work out. Apparently no matter how close you are to a tower, the towers Verizon puts in the middle of no where cannot support continuous video upload. I filmed the matches and are uploading them now. Hopefully they'll all be fully processed sometime tonight.

We had our largest group of shooters yet topping out at 30 all together. This size isn't something we ever expected to reach and we're ecstatic that it's grown this much. A large portion of the shooters was the St. James 4H team. They were a great shooting bunch of kids and we're happy they made the trek out!

As per usual everything will be on the website. I'm still working on getting the media sorted out though. If you took pictures during the match, I'd love to sift through them for putting them on the site. If you don't mind my using them, email them to garinhatch@gmail.com.

Scores below!

Each year Mike Turner really outdoes himself. He makes a great trophy! Check him out at www.benchreststocks.com