2017 National Silhouette Results

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

2017 National Silhouette Results

Post by JohnHenry »

In years past we received a results bulletin on the National Silhouette Matches. This year nothing. Does anyone know if the NRA is going to send out the results bulletin? For all the criticism of Greg Connors, every year he was head of the silhouette department we received the results. Now I hear there is no one working in the department!

What about shooters who have completed a leg on their grand slam and have sent in the paperwork? Is anyone handling this?

Jim Luke
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: 2017 National Silhouette Results

Post by Jerry G »

In this day and age you would think they would post them in one of their shooting e-mags. I guess that is way too modern.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Jim:

It's my understanding the limited personnel in competitions are working as they can on the grand slams. Also, staffing the silhouette department is high priority for them at this time. Hopefully things will run smoother when this happens.

Thanks,

Jeanne
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

Jim,
As Jeanne stated, I would not expect any 2017 results being sent out. They just don't have the staff as yet.

At the Silhouette Committee meeting in October, it was announced that Cole McCulloch, Director of Competitive Shooting, will be starting from scratch in building up the competitive division. We will be following this closely.

All paperwork was submitted the week after the Nationals and posted on this board. I hope this helps..................

http://www.steelchickens.com/forums/vie ... =7&t=12140

And

http://www.steelchickens.com/forums/vie ... =7&t=12150
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

Jim,
Thanks for all your work. Was there a final aggregate classification listing done for the Total CLA matches?
Thanks
Kimbal
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Do I understand this correctly? We are going to get a shiny, brand new Silhouette Department?
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

[quote=DavidABQ post_id=93384 time=1511834012 user_id=27622]
Do I understand this correctly? We are going to get a shiny, brand new Silhouette Department?
[/quote]
No, David. You are not going to receive a new silhouette department for Christmas.
Hopefully what you will receive are workers in the Silhouette Department who will do their best for us within the confines and budgetary deficits imposed on them by the NRA bureaucrats outside of the competitive department who could care less about the competitive shooting sports.

What all of us will receive for Christmas is the honor of standing side by side on the firing lines and shooting with the best standing, unsupported Marksmen who have ever existed.
They are right here in Silhouette and I am constantly amazed at what they can do with a rifle.
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

AMEN to this!
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Jim,

They don’t mail out the results bulletin as of 2016. They are posted one the NRA web site. The only results posted for 2017 are from the SB and HP matches held at Ridgway.
Don’t know what else to tell you.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

Al,

I believe Ridgeway had total responsibility for the SB / HP Nationals and formatted the results bulletin. This made it easy to post on the web site.

It was my understanding Fairfax would do the same for the Raton Nationals. I shouldn't have assumed this would happen. So it was my fault it wasn't posted. FWIW.....................
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Jim, I don’t think it’s fair for you to take the blame for the results not being posted. You stepped up with the help of a few dedicated helpers to make the matches work at Raton. Everyone should be greatful for that. Last year the Silhouette dept was a total mess, and hopefully that will change with the new Comp. director.
Are you running the Cowboy matches this year? I couldn’t make it last year due to family obligations, and would look forward to meeting you.

Thanks,
Al Foust
Team Sierra Member