New Non-NRA Range Defuniak Springs Florida

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

New Non-NRA Range Defuniak Springs Florida

Post by atomicbrh »

Got word that a new smallbore range opened in Defuniak Springs, Florida. The website says they cannot achieve the correct distances due to the way they had to build the range. Thus, no NRA approval. At least it is a start for that area and better than nothing. Maybe it will take off. They had their first match this past weekend.
Here is the link:
http://www.bulletsandbonesdfs.com/
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: New Non-NRA Range Defuniak Springs Florida

Post by acorneau »

NRA regulation distances cannot be met, so 25 yards –Chickens, 40 yards-pigs, 60 yards-turkeys and 80 yards - rams but the 1/5 scale targets will be used. ... Competitors will have 10 minutes per string to fire 10 shots off-hand at each yard line
Man, I bet I could be a Master class shooter there!

:o)

Good on them for getting things started. Hopefully they'll get enough interest to be able to "upgrade" the range to official distances and regular timing.

:ymapplause:
Allen Corneau
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Our son lives in that area. We will see what this match is like if it falls on a weekend that we visit. Joel will probably try to shoot the next match. Wonder why they did not put chickens, pigs, turkeys at the regulation distances and weld up reduced rams to fit their maximum allowable range distance??? Then the scores could go in the book.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

The other downside to those distances is that the Leupold FX series scopes will not focus down to that 25 yards and perhaps not even the 40 yards.
Limited to EFR's and T series Weavers to obtain focus on the chicken and probably the pig.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

atomicbrh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:40 am Our son lives in that area. We will see what this match is like if it falls on a weekend that we visit. Joel will probably try to shoot the next match. Wonder why they did not put chickens, pigs, turkeys at the regulation distances and weld up reduced rams to fit their maximum allowable range distance??? Then the scores could go in the book.
That was exactly what my first thought was when I read their course of fire.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Post some pictures too.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."