2018 Silhouette Goals!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: 2018 Silhouette Goals!

Post by ShootingStar »

I set written goals for results (make Master in both Smallbore Rifle & Smallbore Hunting Rifle - need 1 more of each), BUT. . .
Work/practice for PROCESS improvement! Still working on perfecting NPA and mental aspect (don't let the 10th animal get you nervous). Focus on the PROCESS and let the results take care of themselves!!!

ShootingStar
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Be sure you all set a goal beyond your next goal. They when you meet your first goal, you have another one to go to and not crash after an achievement.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Don't get so worried about achieving a goal that you forget to break the trigger when the sight picture looks just right...

That's one of my goals
: )
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

My goal is to come back and be a regular competitor on a weekly basis after being absent 16' and 17'. No promises, but see the sports doctor the 31st. I attended our Monday evening winter indoor 50 foot practice last week and was okay. I have missed the friendships and want to get back. Perhaps help the Director in some small way, too.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Sorry to come to the party late.
My 2018 goal is to pick one load and stick with it -I don't think I shot two matches with the same bullet/powder combo last year.
Gonna quit screwing around and try to be a winner this year!

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Doodaddy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:42 pm Carve out time specifically for practice. I don't really have score goals, but I know they'll increase as practice becomes a staple in my routine though i''d like to at least hit a 35 in smallbore as a PB in 2018. I'd also like to learn how to have better follow through on PC/CLA.
Well I hit the 35 two weeks ago along with a personal best in SBLA as well. 2018 is going well thus far.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Doodaddy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:44 am
Doodaddy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:42 pm Carve out time specifically for practice. I don't really have score goals, but I know they'll increase as practice becomes a staple in my routine though i''d like to at least hit a 35 in smallbore as a PB in 2018. I'd also like to learn how to have better follow through on PC/CLA.
Well I hit the 35 two weeks ago along with a personal best in SBLA as well. 2018 is going well thus far.
Well done and congratulations. At this month's match I was able to break into single digits! Whoo hoo!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

DavidABQ wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:31 pm
Doodaddy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:44 am
Well done and congratulations. At this month's match I was able to break into single digits! Whoo hoo!
Thank you. It came as a surprise to me as well. Both scores that day did.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image