2018 Silhouette Goals!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2018 Silhouette Goals!

Post by acorneau »

Taking inspiration from another forum, I figured I'd start a thread so everyone can post up your goals for the year and post as you make progress toward those goals. Having clearly defined goals to work toward are a great way to improve your shooting skills.

So, what are your Silhouette goals for 2018?
Last edited by acorneau on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allen Corneau
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2018 Goals!

Post by acorneau »

My 2018 shooting goals...

Smallbore silhouette:
- Get into Master class in Hunter Rifle (presently AAA)
- Get at least one Master class score in Standard Rifle (presently have 2/3 AAA scores)
- Attend/compete in four state/regional matches (TX, LA, two more)
(Wish I could go to Nationals but I've got good friends getting married right in the middle of the scheduled dates.)

Air Rifle Silhouette:
- Get into Master Class in Target Rifle (presently AAA)
- Get at least one Master Class score in Open Rifle (presently AAA)
- Attend/compete in four state/regional matches (TX, LA, two more) as well as Nationals

Non-silhouette related goals...

RFC Off-hand Challenge:
- 25-yard score of 495 (out of 500)
- 50-yard score of 235 (out of 250)

Lastly, attend/compete in at least one 10m air rifle match (Olympic-style with aperture sights).
Allen Corneau
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: 2018 Silhouette Goals!

Post by Jerry G »

To shoot a score in my class with both SB rifles again. Haven't done that in many years.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

to travel to many matches and have fun.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

Since I am "AA" in both small bore rifles, I would like to make "AAA" or "Master" in both rifles.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

In Levergun, I'd be happy to move up a class in pistol and rifle categories. Just shoot respectively.

In BPCR - scope and Irons - win a national championship. And make Master class in irons at last.

Like every year, I've got a plan and a secret weapon.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Carve out time specifically for practice. I don't really have score goals, but I know they'll increase as practice becomes a staple in my routine though i''d like to at least hit a 35 in smallbore as a PB in 2018. I'd also like to learn how to have better follow through on PC/CLA.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I would love to shoot scores greater than 9. Getting zeros is pretty frustrating. It would be nice to shoot well enough to move up a class.
Last edited by DavidABQ on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I want to have better control of my focus, with the primary goal of only thinking about the shot that I'm taking. When I'm shooting, there should be no thoughts of score (mine or others'), no thoughts of classifications, and no thoughts of what I need to do after the match. I only accomplished this goal in one match this year, and I had to ask my spotter (Leroy, who goes by Southpaw on here) what my score was after I finished shooting my last animal. I never looked at my scorecard throughout the match. If any thought of score came to my mind, I instantly forced my focus into visualizing what my shot sequence would look like on my next bank. I knew I had done well but I had successfully removed score from my mind the entire match and just executed my shots. I shot a 37/40 in that match, a smallbore hunter rifle match. That's my best score in quite a while. Now I have more proof that all thoughts of class or score are enemies of actually executing the shot, so hopefully it will be a bit easier to convince myself to focus on the shot I'm taking and nothing else.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

Jason: You are right about letting the thought of shooting a high score cause you to not shoot a high score. There have been several matches when I was working toward a "AAA or Master" class score in smallbore and starting thinking about what I could shoot and totally messed up and shot a low score. If someone is scoring for me and I have a high score going, I prefer them to just mark the hits and misses and not write down any numbers. Better yet, I don't even want to look at the score card.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

My goal is rather simple...... I just want to still be shooting silhouette when 2019 rolls around.
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

GTS wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:37 am My goal is rather simple...... I just want to still be shooting silhouette when 2019 rolls around.
Me too, GTS. Would be nice if I'm shooting while standing. :lol:
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

Chickens are my nemesis.
I have my sights on chickens. (pun intended)

I got 10 chickens in CLA fairy early on. They are pretty big at 50 meters.

Pistol and smallbore lever silhouette. I got 8 and 9 chickens so many times it isn't funny. It was suggested during a regional match that I go down range and kick the one chicken I missed. To improve my mood.

Last year I finally got 10 chickens in the pistol caliber. I squeeled like a school girl. Then the next month at a different club I got 10 chickens in the match and again in a just for fun re-shoot.

Sooooo..... 2018 will hopefully include 10 chickens in a row falling during a smallbore lever match!

Other than that, hanging out with my sick, twisted gun nut friends.
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

I would like to go all year without missing a pig in BPCR. It is definitely doable, but it takes a lot of concentration to do it every time.

I wonder if anyone has?

I suppose that if I do it at the first match of the season, I should just quit then and there, but that's not going to happen.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Turkeys. Turkeys. Turkeys.... ~x( ~x( ~x(
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member