Other SHOT Show news

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Other SHOT Show news

Post by SteveD »

Jerry Stiller of Stiller Actions has sold the action business to a group led by Dave Kiff of Pacific Tool and Gauge.

PT&G has always made the bolts for Stiller so I don't expect much to change.

Does anyone other than me use a Stiller action for Silhouette?

Stiller Actions https://stilleractions.com/ is, interestingly, the official action supplier for the US Navy. Jerry shoots rimfire benchrest and has some really nice rimfire actions.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Other SHOT Show news

Post by Doodaddy »

SteveD wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 pm Jerry Stiller of Stiller Actions has sold the action business to a group led by Dave Kiff of Pacific Tool and Gauge.

PT&G has always made the bolts for Stiller so I don't expect much to change.

Does anyone other than me use a Stiller action for Silhouette?

Stiller Actions https://stilleractions.com/ is, interestingly, the official action supplier for the US Navy. Jerry shoots rimfire benchrest and has some really nice rimfire actions.
Jerry sold off the centerfire portion back February-March of last year and will continue the rimfire side of things through Holeshot. He talks about it from time to time on his forum Rimfire Accuracy.

I shoot a 2500X. It's a very sweet action.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

When I talked to him at the SHOT Show he said he was still working there as part of the sale agreement and should finish up soon. I was thinking of the completion of all obligations as completing the sale.

Jerry wanted to keep the building so the action (centerfire I guess) business moved to another location. Perhaps keeping the rimfire portion was why he wanted to keep the old building.

Holeshot has something to do with his other interest, drag racing.

Glad to know that he is keeping the rimfire portion of the business. They are very sweet actions.
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

SteveD wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 pm When I talked to him at the SHOT Show he said he was still working there as part of the sale agreement and should finish up soon. I was thinking of the completion of all obligations as completing the sale.

Jerry wanted to keep the building so the action (centerfire I guess) business moved to another location. Perhaps keeping the rimfire portion was why he wanted to keep the old building.

Holeshot has something to do with his other interest, drag racing. Holeshot Arms

Glad to know that he is keeping the rimfire portion of the business. They are very sweet actions. I looked seriously at a 2500X two years ago for a Silhouette rifle.
Last edited by SteveD on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

SteveD wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 pm When I talked to him at the SHOT Show he said he was still working there as part of the sale agreement and should finish up soon. I was thinking of the completion of all obligations as completing the sale.

Holeshot has something to do with his other interest, drag racing.

Glad to know that he is keeping the rimfire portion of the business. They are very sweet actions.
Yeah that ends some time soon. I can't remember exactly when, but he's very much looking forward to it so he can focus on rimfire and also attend matches again.

Holeshot debuted with the Trident action a while back before the sale. It didn't make sense to me at the time, but it eventually became clear. I've seen mention of a Lonestar II action which is a bit interesting. The Lonestar was a full 40X copy IIRC so I'm not sure what a second rendition would even be.

Which Stiller are you shooting?
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

There is/was also a Copperhead.

I got a Predator for HP Standard.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

SteveD wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 pm There is/was also a Copperhead.

That was his mid lock up action. A friend of mine has a great shooting Copperhead. I think it discontinued right around the time the 2500X released.

I've never gotten to see any of his centerfire actions in person. I always plan on building one for HP silhouette, but then again I don't shoot that lol.
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

Doodaddy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:31 pm

That was his mid lock up action. A friend of mine has a great shooting Copperhead. I think it discontinued right around the time the 2500X released.

I've never gotten to see any of his centerfire actions in person. I always plan on building one for HP silhouette, but then again I don't shoot that lol.
I handled all of them at the SHOT Show. :D

Come to Phoenix. You are welcome to shoot mine any time. 6BR, Anschutz Silhouette stock, Flavio Fare trigger, Leupold FX-3 25X scope. The Memorial Match is coming up in early March.

It does have one oddity, it is left handed. :D
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

SteveD wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:45 pm
Doodaddy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:31 pm

I handled all of them at the SHOT Show. :D

Come to Phoenix. You are welcome to shoot mine any time. 6BR, Anschutz Silhouette stock, Flavio Fare trigger, Leupold FX-3 25X scope. The Memorial Match is coming up in early March.

It does have one oddity, it is left handed. :D
That's a great build. Such good taste. I wanted to do a Flavio or BNA trigger, but couldn't hit the 2lb mark for hunter class. I ended up going with an Xtreme Jackson trigger. It was a rocky start, but it's finally "right".
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Speaking of Stiller flavored silhouette rifles, someone could save a few dollars off a new one here:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/vb ... &id=206873