Update on Changes for 2018 Silhouette Nationals

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Update on Changes for 2018 Silhouette Nationals

Post by sdwooster »

Sad to here no score keepers. Have had a lot of fun talking with them and watching them grow up. I will have to find someone else to give our chairs to. I am ok with the changes, would of sure liked to get one of those rings. I guess the main thing is we are still having the match at Raton. Hope to see everybody there. Got my favorite room booked and watching plane flights. Won't be long and it will be time to head out. :-bd
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Jeanne, i understand that they are not up for debate and i didnt figure you would have any control of this. I will still be at Raton with a few new shooters from PA making there first trip west. I will have a good experiance as i hope the rest do. I am still positive that it will be a well run match as you have done in OKC in the past years. In my opinion getting rid of the rings is like getting rid of the Lombardi trophy for the Super Bowl Champs.
Mike
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Will there be a box on the online registration form to check whether we are attending the Smallbore/Highpower Dinner?
Some competitors will not attend the dinner because they only shoot Smallbore or have limited vacation time away from work.
There is no point in wasting funds on dinners that people are not there to eat.
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

DavidABQ wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:34 am
Jerry G wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 am What is wrong with the word cowboy?
It is sexist, it should be cowperson.

:roll:
cow1
kou/
noun
noun: cow; plural noun: cows

a fully grown female animal of a domesticated breed of ox, used as a source of milk or beef.

Perhaps 'Bovineperson'?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

SteveD wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:25 am
DavidABQ wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:34 am
Jerry G wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:11 am What is wrong with the word cowboy?
It is sexist, it should be cowperson.

:roll:
cow1
kou/
noun
noun: cow; plural noun: cows

a fully grown female animal of a domesticated breed of ox, used as a source of milk or beef.

Perhaps 'Bovineperson'?
I stand corrected, it should be bovineperson or bovinepeople.
😁
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Who would have thunk a bunch of gun totin yahoos would become PC?
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

If I remember correctly the guy on the ""shoot your eye out" Christmas won a Major Award. Came in a box......looked nice....could be a good change....I'm in

lol
Commander in Chief, F Troop
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

Jerry G wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:49 am Who would have thunk a bunch of gun totin yahoos would become PC?
I guess I should have included the <sark> </sark> lest someone actually take me seriously. :lol:
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

jneihouse wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:08 am If I remember correctly the guy on the ""shoot your eye out" Christmas won a Major Award. Came in a box......looked nice....could be a good change....I'm in

lol
Funny, John. We might be able to rustle up a nice leg lamp to give out. :lol: When you have a minute, please contact me via email. jeanne@mbo.net. No hurry. I don't have your email address and have found PMs on this forum to be unreliable at times.

Thanks,

jr
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

In following up on the Nationals Championship rings today, They were found on a person's desk who is no longer with the NRA. They are being sent out today by certified mail. I do not have John Mullins current email address, so If someone has it, please let him know.

On another note, I know for a fact, Jeanne has been working her A*^ off to make this years Silhouette Nationals the best ever. Please give her as much help as I know you will. Hope to see some of you out there this year.............

Jim Kidwell
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

jimkidwell wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:52 pmOn another note, I know for a fact, Jeanne has been working her A*^ off to make this years Silhouette Nationals the best ever. Please give her as much help as I know you will.
Thanks, Jim. Glenn tells me it's impossible to work that hard. Not sure what he means by that .....

Seriously, I couldn't do it without your guidance, and I thank you!
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

Jeanne, sent you a PM about Glen Kapitzke

Dennis
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Got it. Thanks, Dennis.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
abraverman
A Poster
A Poster

Post by abraverman »

Hi Jeanne,

Adam Braverman here from Capstone Precision Group (Lapua, Berger, VihtaVuori, and SK). Just wanted to drop a note to you to thank you for your efforts on the NRA Silhouette Championships. Let me assure you that we will continue to support the matches as we have in the past with both product and personal attention.

You can reach me at abraverman@capstonepg.com or the new Capstone sponsorship manager, Morgan Joy-Twenter at mjoy-twenter@capstonepg.com

For the good of the Game!!

AB
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

abraverman wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:52 pmAdam Braverman here from Capstone Precision Group (Lapua, Berger, VihtaVuori, and SK). Just wanted to drop a note to you to thank you for your efforts on the NRA Silhouette Championships. Let me assure you that we will continue to support the matches as we have in the past with both product and personal attention.
Thank you, Adam. I'll be in touch!
44 mag wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:25 amI will still be at Raton with a few new shooters from PA making there first trip west. I will have a good experiance as i hope the rest do. I am still positive that it will be a well run match as you have done in OKC in the past years.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mike. Looking forward to seeing you.
sdwooster wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 pm Sad to here no score keepers. Have had a lot of fun talking with them and watching them grow up. I will have to find someone else to give our chairs to. I am ok with the changes, would of sure liked to get one of those rings. I guess the main thing is we are still having the match at Raton. Hope to see everybody there. Got my favorite room booked and watching plane flights. Won't be long and it will be time to head out. :-bd
Steve, I also will miss seeing the scorekeepers, and truly regret that they won't be included this year. See you soon.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.