Update on Changes for 2018 Silhouette Nationals

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Update on Changes for 2018 Silhouette Nationals

Post by lijeboy »

Most of you know, but for those who missed it, I am the match director for the NRA Silhouette Nationals for 2018. As such, I want to give an update on some changes that will be incorporated into the 2018 Nationals.

First: The NRA has determined to not hire scorekeepers this year. Therefore, though the rules forbid the keeping of your own score, every competitor will be expected to be a scorekeeper for someone. More details will be provided later. Please note that I fought for this, but lost.

Second: There will be no smoking or vaping anywhere other than the parking lot of the various ranges. This means no smoking or vaping on the line and under the pavilions, etc.

Third: There will be dinners provided for each championship at no cost to the competitor, with the exception of Smallbore and High Power, which will be combined. Awards will be presented at the dinners when applicable.

Fourth: The awards and awards schedule has been changed. The NRA has designed some nice updated awards for us. I think we'll all be pleased. They have also created a new award for the aggregate winner of SB and HP combined, and BPCR and BPCRS combined. As with other NRA disciplines, there will be no more Championship rings, but the rings are being replaced by a nice premium award.

Fifth: The word "cowboy" has been dropped from lever action, so it's now Lever Action Rifle, Pistol Cartridge Lever Action Rifle, and Smallbore Lever Action Rifle.

Sixth: We will have plenty of line officers this year. The NRA has allowed us to have line officers and a chief range officer, so we'll have the line running smoothly.

Seventh: Name badges will be provided for competitors. Please note that I fought for this, and won!

Eighth: All sign-up will be online this year. If you know someone who isn't online or who isn't comfortable signing up online, please offer to help them or give them my email and I'll help them. Sign-up will be available April 3, 2018.

Please feel free to share this message so that all competitors will have this information.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Update on Changes for 2018 Silhouette Nationals

Post by Jason »

Thank you so much for all you're doing for the nationals this year! Between having you as the director for the nationals and the changes at the NRA for competitions/silhouette, I'm more optimistic about silhouette than I have been in a decade. I actually got an email back from someone at the NRA silhouette team quickly, too. Maybe you and Lois can save the sport yet. :mrgreen: :ymapplause: ^:)^
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

It’s a shame they won’t supply scorekeepers. I won’t have a problem with scoring for the shooter am partnered with and visa versa. However i would have a problem with some scenario that required us being on the line for more than the two relays we are shooting and spotting.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Al: You won't be required to be on the line any longer than the time you and your shooting partner are shooting.

Thanks for your interest.

Jeanne
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Jeanne,

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for keeping us all informed. Being informed with the correct information is something that has been lacking for many years. Keep up the good work. I’m really looking forward to this years Match after missing last year.
I was at the Colfax Tavern last week on my way to Arizona and firmed up things there for my show on Sunday July 22nd.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Jason wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:15 pm Thank you so much for all you're doing for the nationals this year!
Thank you, Jason. I've found the staff at NRA to be friendly and willing to help.

Hope to see you in Raton.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

lijeboy,
Thank you for the updates and for finally dropping the word 'Cowboy' from the description of this discipline. I don't know how many times I've tried to promote this sport only to have people confused with SASS the Cowboy Action sport. Great work on trying to make this year's nationals a real success.
ppkny
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Thanks for the update - good management to keep us informed.
And, I'm happy that we will have name badges this year...a little thing, but a nice souvenir.

Al - tell us about your show. Details, details.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Hey Jeanne, another thing. Remind whomever not to forget ordering the rifle certification stickers this year. They were forgotten in 2016. You see lots of them plastered on scopes and stocks from many years of competing. They are like a badge of honor and a nice thing to show support of National match attendance. My collection is inside the lid of my range box. I hate bumper stickers on my guns. :D
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

PPKNY, We've had the same experience with the SASS confusion. I'm glad "Cowboy" was dropped also. Great move by the silhouette committee.

Snaketail2, Everyone likes the name badges. I have all of mine also.

BobMcAlice, Certification stickers are already on the list of supplies requested from NRA. Last year in Raton, they were in short supply so we had to cut them in half. That shouldn't happen this year. :D
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

As for name tags, anyway to get the ones that they missed over the last couple years? I have not gotten one since 2014, but have not missed a LA nationals since 2012?.
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Lets not push the issue, Scott. :( :D

See you there!
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Thank you for posting the update Jeanne, and for fighting for the name tags!

Since it is all online now, we don't need to write to get the entry forms anymore?
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

What is wrong with the word cowboy?
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Thauglor, correct, no need to write in for entry cards. I will post step-by-step instructions on this forum on entering online before April 3.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.