Young Lady Wins in the Snow in St. Louis

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
joemo
B Poster
B Poster

Young Lady Wins in the Snow in St. Louis

Post by joemo »

Bench Rest Rifle Club of St. Louis Smallbore Silhouette

Our first match of the year was Sunday March 11 and the forecast was for rain/snow with a temperature in the mid 30's and ten mph winds (I know that is barely a slight breeze in a lot of places). On the trip to the range we were talking about what a waste of time this is going to be, we will set things up wait around for no-one to show up and then go home. I can't believe 13 crazy (in a good way) people showed up to shoot in what turned out to be a full blown snow storm. About 4 inches accumulation during the match, with great big flakes. Those black targets look really good against a blanket of snow!

The snow definitely didn't bother match winner Megan Alexander. She needed one more score to advance to AAA and shot a 31 in the first match. A personal best. Then she shot another 31 in the second match, with 10 chickens in a row. She is now 3/4 of the way to a grand slam. I'm guessing Megan isn't going to stay in AAA very long. A great day for a very nice young lady. Fortunately for the St. Louis shooters Megan lives about an hour and a half away and sometimes has to work on Sundays. We also had two people shooting their first silhouette match.

I am submitting another post with information about the Bench Rest Rifle Club of St. Louis Smallbore Matches.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Young Lady Wins in the Snow in St. Louis

Post by pistolero45 »

Meg really had a good time. Her personal best score, first 10-in-row chickens, and first time as match winner. She wants to come back! Thanks for putting on a great match. The snow really made it fun. I think I enjoyed watching the misses kick up snow more than watching the targets go down. At least that is the story I'm sticking with!
Mark