We lost a good friend

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

We lost a good friend

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/erieti ... =188444313

John Kort has passed away.

Even though we never met, I considered him a friend. I now regret not making the effort to thank him face to face and shake his hand.

He was always willing to share what he had learned and pass on a excited passion about shooting. Our first "conversation" online helped me turn a rifle that I was ready to give up on into my favorite and accurate firearm. What initially surprised me was when he contacted a mutual shooting buddy to follow up on me after that.

John Kort, Jack Christian, 44WCF, W30WCF If you don't know him, look in most firearms forums, he is most likely there.........
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Bwake
B Poster
B Poster

Re: We lost a good friend

Post by Bwake »

Well said.

John was a significant presence at the Ridgway Rifle Club. He was the long-time organizer of our annual Cast Bullet Silhouette Championship and Lever Action Jubilee matches. These matches will live on as a tribute to John and the others who have passed on.

The world could use more people like John Kort.

- Brian Wakefield
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: We lost a good friend

Post by lone ringer »

Thank you David for letting us know about John having passed away. John was everything you said and much more, an excellent human being.
I knew John well and consider myself fortunate to have been his friend, as David said he was always willing to share his vast knowledge and went out of his way to research information on a certain caliber or load for me as well. Whenever I went to PA to shoot rifle nationals he made a point to look me up and talk for a while. May he rest in peace.
Tony Tello