2018 NRA Silhouette Nationals Programs

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

2018 NRA Silhouette Nationals Programs

Post by Grizz61 »

Here is a link to published programs for Silhouette Nationals. Check out the prices.

http://competitions.nra.org/documents/p ... rogram.pdf
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: 2018 NRA Silhouette Nationals Programs

Post by atomicbrh »

Am I seeing this correctly?
Page 13: $205 total to shoot all the Smallbore Silhouette Scoped matches?
Page 17: $205 total to shoot all the High Power Silhouette Scoped matches?
Page 22: $212 total to shoot all the Lever Action Silhouette matches?

So for a family of three adults to shoot all the above matches = $1,866
For a adult couple to shoot all the above matches = $1,244
For one adult individual to shoot all the above matches= $622
For a adult couple to shoot just Smallbore Standard and Smallbore Hunter rifle = $410

(Edited 4/11/18: Miscalculated cost for adult couple to shoot all the above matches.)
Last edited by atomicbrh on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

Now add trailer space for all 3 of those $544.00.
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Pay more, get less. Sounds about right. Now that the NRA doesn't even supply a paid employee as a match director, you would think these matches would be dirt cheap.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Thank you for posting the link. It looks like that the range will not be open on July 13th for small bore practice.

It that correct?
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Practice on July 14 is included in the match fees.
If you want to practice on July 13, you pay the Whittington center day fee or buy a Whittington center membership. They will allow you access on the 13th without fees to just set up your canopy. Targets are not out on July 13. Bring your own paint to shoot swingers on July 13.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

atomicbrh wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:52 am Practice on July 14 is included in the match fees.
If you want to practice on July 13, you pay the Whittington center day fee or buy a Whittington center membership. They will allow you access on the 13th without fees to just set up your canopy. Targets are not out on July 13. Bring your own paint to shoot swingers on July 13.
Thank you for the information. I don't think I will take an extra day of vacation so Saturday the 14th it is.
dscak1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dscak1 »

Not sure what entry fees were for SB and HP last year but Lever Gun was $146 for all three guns. While the new price of $212 is not cost prohibitive, it is a 45% increase in one year. Combined with a reduction in service (no score keepers) and no championship ring, that is significant increase. One wonders why such an increase, just as I would for any other endeavor or enterprise in which I am involved, if they increased the price by 45% and reduced service/product.

Also, while probably just an error, when reviewing the program, it indicated for SB and HP that practice will begin at 8 am and will end 30 minutes before the match commences. However it also indicates the match begins at 8:30. On the other hand, for Lever Gun, it indicates practice will begin at daybreak until one hour before the match begins at 8 am.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Last year for both SB guns was $150 and the same for HP. I also do not understand the increase. Pay more get less just like health care and many other things these days. It just seems that it would be smarter to shoot Registered and Regional matches for a $80-$100 entry fee with free camping.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

This is just my observation. It looks like the funds from the nationals fees are going to be used differently in 2018.
Instead of scorers, we will have a inside sit down dinner/awards banquet for more of the different disciplines and all junior competitors shoot for free. Everybody in this sport shoots the vast majority of their matches without paid scorers anyway. The program states that there will be awards(Silhouette coins) for each individual match. I do not remember any individual match awards in the past. That is going to total a lot of awards for all the disciplines. So it looks like a few things were taken away but a lot of things were added to the 2018 Nationals.
dscak1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dscak1 »

Can't speak for SB or HP, but last year the cost for Lever Gun was $146 for all three guns. There were awards for class and match winners, as well as aggregates. Additionally we had a dinner and door prizes. Still had scorers and championship ring.
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

I can second what DSCAK1 is saying about what we had in the past, and today program promises much less than past years, at a much greater cost.

The big questions I have is Why and Where is the extra money going?
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

For SB and HP last year we had a meal for both as well as a meal and music on the last day of SB before the day off. We gave awards for each 40 shot match and the agg as well as the rings. Each shooter also got a t-shirt with there entry. Entry fees were $150 for both SB guns and $150 for both HP guns. And we had score keepers also. I agree with Grizz and would like to know why such an increase. I feel these will still be very good matches but i hope the increase in cost will not keep shooters away.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

Nobody like to feel like they are being gouged financially. But consider what other big matches cost. This year's NRA Action Pistol Championship (3 day match) costs between $300 (early bird entry) and $450 (late entry). A dinner and awards banquet is included with the entry fee. If competitors want to use the practice range, that is another $110 paid to the local gun club.
Mark
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

I remember a lot of comments about moving the Nationals east on a rotating bases and that it needs to stay in Raton.
Well it's in Raton and now the price goes up and service goes down. Beware of what you ask for. The question of who sets the price for this match should be answered. As to comparing match fees look at other different shooting events you need to compare Apple's to Apple's not to oranges. Some of these matches have pro divisions and corporate sponsorships with high dollar door prizes. You get more for your money. Pay the fee and shoot or stay at home and find a good state or regional match. I am traveling to 3 this year with one being 1100 miles away run by great people who put on a good match and 2 others 700 miles away run by people who know what they are doing and do a great job.