Award Certifictaes

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Award Certifictaes

Post by ppkny »

I'm trying to find a template for silhouette award certificates. Typical 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in all classes. I've been awarded these at various clubs for their monthly matches and would like to start this practice at our local club this season. I'd appreciate any direction given.
Thanks, PPKNY
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Award Certifictaes

Post by 44 mag »

Pete, get in contact with Mark and Vickey Breon thats what they use for awards. Mike Haynes
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

If you're going the DIY route almost all word processors (MS Word, Apple Pages, etc.) have templates for certificates built in, just pull it up and change out the info.

From there you can print them out yourself (if you've got a good printer and don't mind using up the ink) or take the saved files to a copy/printing place (FedEx/Kinkos, OfficeMax, Staples, etc.) and have them do it on some heavy-weight paper. USB thumb-drives are great for this kind of thing.

From there either get some cheap picture frames or just have the copy center laminate them.
Allen Corneau
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Thanks, I'll see what the Beron's can help with. I'd rather not do them myself if the already exist somewhere else but hanks for suggesting the MS Word route.. Anyone else care to comment.
Thanks
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

ppkny wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:15 am Thanks, I'll see what the Beron's can help with. I'd rather not do them myself if the already exist somewhere else but hanks for suggesting the MS Word route.. Anyone else care to comment.
Thanks
Pete,
I use MS Word for some of my Junior awards.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

Back when I was involved in running matches I used PowerPoint to create awards. I printed the awards on photo paper. The paper comes in different sizes. For monthly print with black ink. For state matches I got fancy using images from the internet for different classes and special awards like high animal, high Jr, or senior. Most were 3x7 or 5x8 in size and printed in color. Each award would have club name, rifle category, and place award. You can add flags or emblems if you use color ink. Most can be glued to a plaque or just handed to the person so it can be put in a scrap book. Pm me a email and I will send you a file you could use as a template. Average cost with plaque is about 1.25 to 1.75 per award. Cheaper without plaque. If you leave off date you can make up several and hand out at end of match instead of people coming back or stuck with awards date restricted. Attach the awards to plaques using spray adhesive.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Thanks for the help and suggestions. Looks like I'll make some up using a template.
ppkny