Questions on first trip to Raton

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Questions on first trip to Raton

Post by BrentD »

We all manage with black targets just fine. I use posts, posts and beads, and aperture front sights, depending on which match (and thus rifle) I am shooting.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

44 mag wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:51 am I use a narrow post for sd and pc. Have no trouble on black targets. Use the lollie pop for the long range.
We have the narrow post in a Lyman 17a sight now, but we tested it on black targets this weekend and could not see it at all. Shade makes a difference I guess, but I hate to drive all that way and not be able to participate because I can't see the sight.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

BrentD wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:47 am We all manage with black targets just fine. I use posts, posts and beads, and aperture front sights, depending on which match (and thus rifle) I am shooting.
I could too, 20 years ago :D
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

SqHunter wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:09 am
DavidABQ wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:42 pm I stay at the Raton Pass Inn when I go to the Whittington Center. It is on the north end of town, actually you take exit 454 off of I-25 to get there.

http://www.ratonpassinn.com/

Since the OP is new to Raton and I suspect New Mexico I thought I would post this as a informational service.
A place after my own heart. Red or green?
I like green for chicken, red for pork and typically green for beef but sometimes I go with red.