Membership :steel chickens

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Membership :steel chickens

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Moderators, admins, grand poo-bahs. Whom ever it may concern.
As a social media weenie and shameless promoter of all things Silhouette. I have had several people ask me why they can't join in on Steel Chickens.
I have no Idea why it is hard?
My standard answer is that the folks here are part time volunteers so it may take time.

That said, I am trying my darndest to grow the sport. This is THE forum.
I don't know how to help really. But I would.

I dont' know if these folks are doing something wrong when attempting to join either?
So far I have gotten the same requests via Facebook, youtube and on Matchday.

I always tell folks to tune in to Steel Chickens for news and to find matches in thier location.
Not shure what else I can do?
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Membership :steel chickens

Post by acorneau »

While I may not be the "shameless promoter of silhouette" that Hotrod is, I do my part to spurn and retain interest in silhouette as I can, and pointing people towards SC as the best resource available is part of it.

I receive many requests from people, mostly through RFC, to help them get their registration to go through. I do what I can by sending messages to admins but I never know if it works or not. Our air rifle match director has been locked out of his SC account for a while and he tells me that all efforts to get the password reset have gone unanswered.

:-??

If there is anything us mere mortals can do to help keep this place running smoothly please let us know. I'm not an über-nerd but I can do basic computer work and I'm sure there are others as well.

:ymcowboy:
Allen Corneau
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

Resetting the password on the logon page is easy if the member remembers their username. A random password is automatically sent to the email address that was entered upon registration. If that email address is obsolete then that's that. It will then take an administrator's intervention but since we mostly use aliases it may be difficult to remind the user what their username is. Once that's determined the administrator can manually change their password to expedite the login. Mostly the username is forgotten. That's been my experience administering phpBB forums for 20 years.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

I was having trouble. Tried 'everything', and probably had a member or two try as well.

There's a 'new users' sticky at the top of club house, dated something like 2007. I emailed the webmaster with my username, etc. and that worked. It's above the forum posts, even above the stickies.

None of the 'forgotten password' or other attempts worked for me including trying to re-send the activation email and changing browsers.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

At the risk of piling on I have a friend, Sid Garess, (I know it seems unbelievable that I have a friend) who has been trying to join the site without any luck.

Anyway to maybe help get the backlog of applicants processed?