Sense of Pride at CSLC

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
21step
B Poster
B Poster

Sense of Pride at CSLC

Post by 21step »

First I want to say Thank you to all who supported our sport and club this past season by coming to matches and trying to bring new faces to the sport. Without the competitors no sport would be existent.

We had a pretty good turnout Saturday for the 60 round match with 24 guns blazing away. It seemed like the Rams took it tough as every time I looked up on the mountain there were more lying down than were standing after cease fire was called. This leads me to something that makes me proud of my fellow shooters and I feel like bragging a bit about our sport and the shooters that make it awesome.

During our match there was a shooting expo happening on the grounds and the sponsor wanted to use our range for a demonstration by Zeiss. They were advertising it as “Long range made easy”. So we turned the range over to them after clearing all the targets and making the line safe. They had two steel targets set up at our Ram bank and the Ram swinger to shoot at. The one dude got out his range finder and said “591 yards!” (I knew it was a bit farther but that surprised me).

So we started packing away and enjoying some pizza as they were setting up their fancy bipodded rifles on the benches. So the first shot goes off and I listen for the ring of the steel…..nothing. Another shot….nothing, and another…nothing. This goes on for another 4 or 5 shots and still no steel ringing. I took my big eyes over and looked up the mountain as they shot at our Ram swinger, still a miss. I asked one fellow what was going on and he said “They are getting them dialed in”. I think it was on the 20th shot we finally heard some steel report back to us that a direct hit happened. So I walked away shaking my head feeling somewhat proud of what we Silhouette shooters do.

I’ve never claimed to be a super awesome shot and I definitely don’t claim shooting Rams to be easy but us offhand silhouette shooters made those bench fellows look pretty silly that day.

I mean during sight in I rested my Tikka .308 (which had not even been shot on paper) on my fist on top of an ammo box and sent a Lyman 180 grain powder coated cast bullet approximately 1,900 FPS up towards the Ram and hit him on my second shot.

So even though we are not shooting perfect scores and most of the time the misses outnumber the hits I do feel proud to be in the class of shooters that do pretty well at the most difficult shooting discipline around.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Sense of Pride at CSLC

Post by atomicbrh »

Real marksmen cannot stay away from standing silhouette.