New HP shooters

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

New HP shooters

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Just when I was crying the blues about getting no new shooters, we got TWO yesterday. At our Oct. match a club member came out to help set targets for his annual club work bond requirement. He was a former IHMSA handgun shooter from another state. Well he shows up yesterday to shoot our match. I paired him up with Mr.B for both matches. His spotting skills were excellent from previous experience, Dave got good calls from him. This was his first time shooting steel with a rifle. He had his hunting rifle, a CZ something in 7x57 topped with an old two foot long Weaver T-25x with fine CH. He used 150 gr. hunting hand loads for CPT and factory Norma 175's for rams. His scores were 11 and 4, not too shabby for a beginner in the crap wind conditions we had. He will be back for sure in Dec. he said.

Another new club member showed up to watch us on the last relay of the first match. At the lunch break I asked if he had a rifle with him. Yep, a Rem. 700 fat barrel model in 6.5 CM topped with an import NightForce wanna be scope. The package was done up in an OD camo look. I let him get bench zeros at our lunch break. I offered to let him shoot a real match or clean up the missed targets which there were plenty of. He chose door number two. He fired shots at all of the critters but hit none. Came very close to several, though. He was with us at each reset and got a targets eye view of the distant firing line. Thanks in part to our ambassadors red carpet treatment he vowed to be back in December, too. At that point we will give him the bad news that his muzzle brake will have to be removed. That was an annoying blast under our line cover.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: New HP shooters

Post by Jerry G »

Glad to hear that Bob. Hope you can keep them comming back.