SCATT users?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
RickF
B Poster
B Poster

SCATT users?

Post by RickF »

Has anyone used the SCATT dryfiring system? Winter in my area code includes cold temps and snow, and I am looking for ways to make my basement practice more productive.

SCATT has a newer system, SCATT Basic, that runs not much more in cost than a case of SK Std Plus. Thinking it may be a good investment.

Thoughts? And thanks.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: SCATT users?

Post by acorneau »

No personal use but there are a quite a few users and several threads about it over on the Target Talk forum.

This thread is long, covers several years and a lot of back-and-forth about SCATT vs. Trace, but there's some good info in there...
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52879

A little more direct... http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... CATT+Basic

Good luck!
Allen Corneau
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Would using a scope that focuses to 10 meters or much closer not be the first step to using SCATT for silhouette practice?
None of my smallbore scopes focus down to that distance. If you used SCATT inside a typical house, the distance would probably be much less than 10 meters. Then, can SCATT software display silhouette targets at the correct size scaled for the shorter distances?
It would be nice if you could just measure the distance from your rifle to the computer screen, input that distance and the software would automatically scale a silhouette target to whatever distance the user has available.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I have a RIKA that I use indoors. It mounts on any gun and shows all the hits in your string. It also shows your aim a cople seconds before and after the shot. My EFR spcop works with 1 close ranfe adaptor. I have an non EFR on my air rifle and I need 2 close range adaptors on it to get down to 10M.
RickF
B Poster
B Poster

Post by RickF »

Thanks for the input. My spare/backup/6BR high power wears a 6.5-20EFR so I have that covered.

I am surprised more silhouette shooters do not use an electronic system. One local family does, and two members of that family happened to shoot 40s in smallbore this year. They are talented and invest the time, but it's hard to argue with results like that.

Jerry, hope you have a good winter. Looking forward to continuing the harassment and abuse next spring! :D