Looking for Matches "near" Boise, ID

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Looking for Matches "near" Boise, ID

Post by ShootingStar »

Hey everyone,
Just had some friends move to Boise, ID.
Anyone know where there might be some silhouettes - of any kind - shot within a few hours drive?

I've talked to them about all the exciting different types of Silhouettes there are and they might try and see/shoot at a "nearby" match.
Idaho is WAAAAAY out of my turf (I'm in the mountains, but in North Carolina!!!)

Thanks in advance for the information!
ShootingStar
Greg Chandler
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Looking for Matches "near" Boise, ID

Post by Jason »

In the Shooting Sports USA competitions guide, I see that there are lever action silhouette matches hosted in Boise.

Copy/paste from there:
IDAHO, Boise: LA, PC, Dec. 1, A; SBC, Nov. 3, A; G. Woods, 13995 W. Hartford Dr., Boise, ID 83713; garywoods4065@msn.com

That seems to say that Gary Woods is the match director, and they have Lever Action and Pistol Cartridge matches on December 1st. It looks like the smallbore cowboy rifle match was on November 3rd. You could email him to see what the future schedule is.

I also see that the Nampa Rod & Gun Club says that they host smallbore silhouette matches most of the year, but they are done for the year for now. It is Idaho, after all.

http://www.nragc.com/shooting-disciplines/silhouette/
RickF
B Poster
B Poster

Post by RickF »

Depending on what a few hours drive means, Missoula MT and Cranbrook BC both have great silhouette clubs.
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

Jason wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:18 pm IDAHO, Boise: LA, PC, Dec. 1, A; SBC, Nov. 3, A; G. Woods, 13995 W. Hartford Dr., Boise, ID 83713; garywoods4065@msn.com

That seems to say that Gary Woods is the match director, and they have Lever Action and Pistol Cartridge matches on December 1st. It looks like the smallbore cowboy rifle match was on November 3rd. You could email him to see what the future schedule is.

I also see that the Nampa Rod & Gun Club says that they host smallbore silhouette matches most of the year, but they are done for the year for now. It is Idaho, after all.
Jason - thanks for that work you put in to look these up for me and my friend. I need to remember to look in Shooting Sports USA before I go asking others to do it for me!!

I'll pass this information along.
Thanks again!
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

RickF wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:06 am Depending on what a few hours drive means, Missoula MT and Cranbrook BC both have great silhouette clubs.
RickF,
Thanks! I remember these and had mentioned Missoula to her when she lived in MT herself!
As far as "a few hours drive" goes, that's my term, not hers. I don't know her travel limits.
Also, you never know, she may have a trip nearby a range/match and be willing to make a shorter side trip to check one out!

Thanks again for the help!
6mmintl
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 6mmintl »

I escaped from bay area kalifornik Dec 2016 and shot lots of silhouettes at Sunnyvale, Gonzales swiss club, Chabot. Avenal.
Boise has a lot of:
cowboy silhouette (rifle, pistol, smallbore at:
Black creek.
Nampa rod and gun.

BPCR at:
Snake River sportsmen vale oregon 35 miles.
Black creek.

Military rifle silhouette at:
Black creek, "E Da How Longrifles"

Smallbore silhouette at:
Gem county rod and gun. Smallbore only
Black creek, "E Da How Longrifles
These matches are chic offhand, t-rams prone off cross sticks. Any rifle/sights

The iron man silhouette shoot At deep creek Missoula Montana in June is 3 day shoot well worth the trip 8 hrs north of boise.
Frank A. In Star I'd. 6503631651