Postal Silhouette Matches?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Postal Silhouette Matches?

Post by snaketail2 »

Does anyone hold a postal match?
I live 3 hours from Austin/San Antonio/Houston. I can make the afternoon matches, but 6 hours of driving to shoot a 40 or 60 round match seems excessive. I like the fellowship, but not the drive-time.
Any ideas?
Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Postal Silhouette Matches?

Post by Jerry G »

Roger in Lander WY does.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Michael, It sounds like you live in the exact center of the silhouette match world.
All three of those ranges you listed are great places to shoot.
We have the same situation.
We have three monthly matches that we consider local.
Pearlington, MS.(might as well say New Orleans for us)
Quitman, LA.
Gonzales, LA.(might as well say Baton Rouge)
All take three hours one way if you do not stop for fuel.
It wears on a old person after 18 years of that and it affects our scores but we try to make as many of those three matches as possible.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Come out Sunday to Bayou Rifles Addicks Range (west side of Houston). cedestec runs a 40 shot sbla and a 22 cheater gun match (open sights) or if you have a 22mag, you can shoot it.
mountainman308
B Poster
B Poster

Post by mountainman308 »

How might we contact Roger in Lander WY? A postal match sounds quite fun, especially during the off season.
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

Mountainman, I tried to find Roger's post for the Silhouette postal but couldn't. You can scroll down about five topics and send Roger a pm---he is the OP for the post about the Wyoming State Championships.
I'm getting ready to send in my $ for the postal---pretty sure it's not too late, the completion time for the targets is usually April.
mountainman308
B Poster
B Poster

Post by mountainman308 »

Thanks ywltzucanrknrl,

PM is sent. Hopefully I can still get in the game.
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

psteiger wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:37 pm Come out Sunday to Bayou Rifles Addicks Range (west side of Houston). cedestec runs a 40 shot sbla and a 22 cheater gun match (open sights) or if you have a 22mag, you can shoot it.
OK, the idea is that I don't have to leave home at 4:30 am to make it to a match! I like the Houston range - From driveway to parking lot both the Houston and Austin ranges are the same for me.

Does Houston have an afternoon Lever Action match?

Micael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

PSC in Friendswood shoots a league match every Tuesday at 4pm. During DST it's steel, winter is paper. Randy Parker runs it. Go to the website to get ahold of him.Otherwise the weekend Matches start at 10am. That means with your 3 hour drive you could leave at 6 or 630. I have to leave earlier than that to shoot the Beaumont or Austin matches which start earlier. I was going to start a night match but it's too cold in the winter and too many mosquitoes in the summer. And I HATE mosquitoes.
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by rogersptl »

Here is the program again. Yes still time to get the targets and them fired. Best wishes Roger[attachment=0]WINTER SILHOUETTE POSTA1.doc[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.