NRA Score Reporting Form

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Re: NRA Score Reporting Form

Post by jbolt »

Sporty wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:54 am I asked the NRA about tournament numbers. For example, I was told when you host Smallbore Silhouette Rifle and Smallbore Hunting Silhouette Rifle on the same day there is only one tournament number.
I stand corrected. Just looked at the tournament approval forms and the NRA did combine the standard and hunter rifle this year into one ID number. That is good to see.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

cedestech wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:02 am If ya'll remember the first year we did "online" match approval that was 48 individual matches that I had to get approved... they didn't have it set up that first year to input multiple dates for a monthly match....

Hopefully this will not be as "painful" the first year....
There is still room for improvement there. I have suggested they add drop down calendars for the tournament date entry and also to be able to sign up for pistol matches at the same time as the lever gun matches that are held on the same dates.
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by rogersptl »

we shoot all 4 Sb & HP rifle matches each approved day and only rec'd 1 match reporting number. I've been wondering how to report all 4 guns on the form that was shown here. At least the matches will start later and others may have posted a 'how too do'. Presently I'm thinking of my own form and then scan and send to NRA. Best wishes Keep them critters falling.
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Hang tough Roger. They have been working on this for the last 2 years. =))
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

Has anyone received their "cards" yet? I sent photocopies of my pages in Jan 7. so far... nada.
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

I was trying to stay out of this but looks like I can't. Talked to Aaron last Tuesday. They are adding in the data that they have received so far. The system still has a few bugs that is being worked out. If and I said if all goes well cards will be mailed out at the end of February. You will be receiving a card for each rifle you shoot until the system is up and running smoothly. Later they are planning to reduce it to one card for rifle and one for pistol. The data that is being entered is your current class and your next highest scores that will move you to a higher class if possible. From what Aaron told me last December these scores will stay in the system for two years before they start dropping off. This will help people move up because in the past you only counted last year's highest two scores. It going to be a long process but in the end it will hopefully improve.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

tnchicknsnipr wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:35 pm I was trying to stay out of this but looks like I can't...
It's appreciated. Thank you for contributing.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

Had second match this year. I saved my first match score sheet, so I just changed scores and sent it off. I usually have the same people show up at my matches. So I guess what I am stating is that it is easier than messing around with the books. If someone don't show I just back space them out. Or if they show up I can just copy and paste them back in from one of my saved score sheets. I also think that once there have been submitted to the NRA I shouldn't have to put address in. I was thinking that I wouldn't like this, but I think I do.
jettech17
Unclassified Poster

Post by jettech17 »

You know,
I'm a match director.Well, more just a dude that collects money and scores. As far as promoting the sport and making things easier..... I may have a few rifles for sale rather than go through this. I'm getting my information from google and steelchickens instead of the folks who should be supplying it, who will now want me to pay them to be a PITA?
I already work for the government, I can't take much more abuse :lol:
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

EQ Guy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EQ Guy »

Jbolt
The form you found does not apply to approved matches. I have not shot an approved match in other NRA courses of fire in a couple of decades but the last time I did I believe the NRA tacked on $2 or $3 per participant in the match. I suspect this will happen in our future. I remember a big stink years ago when the NRA increased the fees from $1 to $2 or maybe it was from $2 to $3. At that time match directors gave competitors the option of shooting an approved match or club match. This was in NRA across the course matches I shot at Richmond and Chabot at that time.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

EQ Guy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:22 pm Jbolt
The form you found does not apply to approved matches. I have not shot an approved match in other NRA courses of fire in a couple of decades but the last time I did I believe the NRA tacked on $2 or $3 per participant in the match. I suspect this will happen in our future. I remember a big stink years ago when the NRA increased the fees from $1 to $2 or maybe it was from $2 to $3. At that time match directors gave competitors the option of shooting an approved match or club match. This was in NRA across the course matches I shot at Richmond and Chabot at that time.
Yes I know it does not apply to approved matches. Give it a year. There is another form for the other competitions where the NRA is now charging a fee for the tournament (including Aprroved tournaments) scaled based on the number of competitors. For those matches the per competitor fee is gone.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

I'm revisiting this thread because I received a definitive answer from Shelly via Michele Kramer's email. My question to tournrpts@nrahq.org asked if they will accept my March score report if it includes the two highest 2018 scores of our competitors. Shelly said, "Putting the information on the score report sheet would be perfect, I can definitely take of it from that."

I had hoped that saved them the trouble with gleaning that information from copies of score books. Plus, I don't know how many of our competitors will go through the trouble of sending copies of their score books to the NRA for themselves.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

The first smallbore silhouette rifle matches were held at the Piedmont Gun Club 3/2/19. With permission from the NRA, I asked all our competitors to bring their 2018 score books to the match so we can confirm classifications and most importantly, transfer their two highest 2018 scores onto the NRA temporary report form along with that day's match scores.

That was an effort to maintain classification consistency for our competitors, show any classification upgrades resulting from those matches and to assist with having classification card dissemination expedited.

It was my belief that our club's competitors, for the most part, were not going to take the time and trouble to make copies of their 2018 score book covers and all related pages and send them to the NRA.

It was tedious to enter names, addresses, NRA member #s, classifications and two highest 2018 scores. However, all that can be copied and pasted into next month's scoring spreadsheet in much less time than it took initially. Actually, all I will need to do is clear the scores, make a few edits and add any new competitor.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Interestingly we had our first high power club match March 24. We shoot two 40's . I used the new form. I opened up the tournament site, put in the tournament ID number, hit the score here at the bottom and the new portal requires the tournament ID again and an Access Code. But Willis I ain't gots one! It turns out that things aren't developed that far..no access code available.I scanned and emailed my sheets. Is it truly that difficult to give match directors an access code and a way of getting the tournament ID just in case you lost one? (You can't find the ID unless you email Shelly....can't recover it via the webpage) :-?