NRA Score Reporting Form

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

NRA Score Reporting Form

Post by lijeboy »

I'm posting this on behalf of Aaron Farmer, Deputy Director of Competitions. Please see below, and the attachment.

"I am no longer requiring the jury report form. Match directors can send their grand slam reports and stats in at the same time. I am also good on receiving the stats electronically for the approved matches.

Score record books will continue to be used until classification cards are issued out."

Thanks,

Aaron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Re: NRA Score Reporting Form

Post by jbolt »

Thanks Jeanne,

I have attached a PDF version for those who do not have Excel.
Score Reporting Form.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Thank you.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

I'm adding a column to that form to list the two highest 2018 scores.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Sporty....good idea. However, why is this forum being used to circulate the reporting form? Shouldn't match directors be directly communicated with and provided the forms, explicit instructions etc? Was this conversion planned? Is Nancy Pelosi behind this? :ymdevil:
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

For what it's worth, here's my modification to the NRA Score Reporting Form. I'm open to suggestions.
NRA Score Reporting Form.xlsx
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Just curious of NRA #.Is that membership number or another?
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

hermit5 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:19 pm Just curious of NRA #.Is that membership number or another?
The "NRA #" column is for a membership number. However, I'll enter N/A if the competitor is not an NRA member. In that case, I believe the NRA will assign a number to that competitor and include it on the certification card that's mailed to the competitor.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Having to add columns to the score cards depending on the match director?

Wouldn't be easier if we had a single document where all of the scores could be recorded for all of the silhouette discipline?
It could even fold on half so it is easier to carry.

:))
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I do not understand why they are using spreadsheets and pdf files when a website based portal system would be easier?
As in:
1. Click a link on the NRA website.
2. Match director enters his/her username.
3. Match director enters his/her password.
4. Match director enters competitor number or nra membership number and scores.
5. Software automatically places data in correct spots on the NRA website for that particular match and on each shooter' s personal competition history.
If amazon, tiny home-based businesses and every stick and ball and racing sport can do it, the NRA can too. It cannot be that expensive or difficult. We should be able to pre-enter and pay before we leave home through the same portal.
Jeanne, thanks for the pdf file; do not take this as whining but just asking a question about something so common in business and sports.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

atomicbrh wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:43 pm I do not understand why they are using spreadsheets and pdf files when a website based portal system would be easier?
As in:
1. Click a link on the NRA website.
2. Match director enters his/her username.
3. Match director enters his/her password.
4. Match director enters competitor number or nra membership number and scores.
5. Software automatically places data in correct spots on the NRA website for that particular match and on each shooter' s personal competition history.
If amazon, tiny home-based businesses and every stick and ball and racing sport can do it, the NRA can too. It cannot be that expensive or difficult. We should be able to pre-enter and pay before we leave home through the same portal.
Jeanne, thanks for the pdf file; do not take this as whining but just asking a question about something so common in business and sports.
The reporting form is temporary, and they are working towards having a system in place much as you have described. The plan is to have it up and running very soon. I agree that
it could have been handled better and rolled out much smoother, but we are where we
are. So let's all be patient and play nice. I'm betting by summer we will all be old hat at this and it won't be an issue.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

I have several questions that I'm sure someone can answer:
a) the reporting form requires inputting NRA # , Names and address for each competitor for each match...how is that a reduction of work for the match director. Seems to me that the 'books' were less work and related problems;
b) how does repetitive entries of NRA# name and address every match translate into an improvement over the books aside from eliminating accounting for the books;
c) What about multiple matches per match date...we shoot 2 forty round matches per match date....so does that mean duplicate entries of NRA# and names and address;
d) match directors reckoned a shooters class via the book so why are we required to upload a history for each shooter as opposed to looking at their two highest scores from the year before and recognizing that a classification lasts unless a petition to be classified to a lower class has been approved..how's that going to work?
I'm all for electronic score posting but seriously?
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Snake wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:40 pm I have several questions that I'm sure someone can answer:
a) the reporting form requires inputting NRA # , Names and address for each competitor for each match...how is that a reduction of work for the match director. Seems to me that the 'books' were less work and related problems;
b) how does repetitive entries of NRA# name and address every match translate into an improvement over the books aside from eliminating accounting for the books;
c) What about multiple matches per match date...we shoot 2 forty round matches per match date....so does that mean duplicate entries of NRA# and names and address;
d) match directors reckoned a shooters class via the book so why are we required to upload a history for each shooter as opposed to looking at their two highest scores from the year before and recognizing that a classification lasts unless a petition to be classified to a lower class has been approved..how's that going to work?
I'm all for electronic score posting but seriously?
Because it'll lure in and retain new shooters.... haven't you been listening? :-bd
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

Snake, I believe I have an answer to all your points. I plan to use a modification of the NRA temporary reporting spreadsheet. Names and corresponding information are entered only once. The spreadsheet will be saved after the first match and then the scores are cleared for the second match. Then the second match is saved as a separate file. I will send each sheet to the NRA minus columns J, K, L, M, N & O. If the competitor isn't an NRA member then I will enter "Not a member".
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

We have decided not to use the manual form and will wait for the web based system to go online. Once the scoring system is online we will use the master score sheets from each match to bring everything current. This all assumes we will have classification cards by then.