NRA Score Reporting Form

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: NRA Score Reporting Form

Post by cedestech »

jbolt wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 pm We have decided not to use the manual form and will wait for the web based system to go online. Once the scoring system is online we will use the master score sheets from each match to bring everything current. This all assumes we will have classification cards by then.
"We" have decided the same.... I also know of 2 match directors that are fairly certain "they" are not going to play unless it is REALLY easy and their matches won't get reported this year and they won't bother to approve them next....

Pretty sure it's not going to be a isolated incident and should do wonders for increasing the popularity of the sport....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I have seen torn up roads that are smoother than this CF.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

cedestech wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:01 am "We" have decided the same.... I also know of 2 match directors that are fairly certain "they" are not going to play unless it is REALLY easy and their matches won't get reported this year and they won't bother to approve them next....

Pretty sure it's not going to be a isolated incident and should do wonders for increasing the popularity of the sport....
We have discussed just going to a club match vs an approved match if the new system becomes too burdensome. We will give a go for this year and then poll the the regular competitors to see how many want to continue having their scores reported once the NRA requires fee for each score reported. Once the per match fee is in place I personally will probably decline to report my scores for club matches and only do that at the state match.

As a side note. 2017 was our worst year for attendance in the seven years I have been the match director. Down about 20% from previous years. A lot of it to do with the hangover of the economy and ammunition shortages. 2018 saw increased participation which was good to see. Historically January has been a well attended match with the anticipation of getting score books. This year we had the lowest attendance we have ever had for a January. Coincidence? we'll see .......

I'm hoping for the best.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

Y'all that just might have club matches... do y'all have Grand Slams already?
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Sporty wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:49 pm Y'all that just might have club matches... do y'all have Grand Slams already?
Don't understand the question?

The people who may change from an "approved match", do they have their personal grand slams? Of the 2 I know one may, one probably not. I personalty quit turning mine in several years ago when it was obvious the Sil dept wasn't doing anything with them.

The people who may change from an "approved match", will your 10 in a row count at their matches? No. The match has to be a minimum of "approved" for grand slam or long run records and the match has to be registered for across the coarse and team records.

Just ask Jason, this is all for the better and long term viability of the shooting sport he cares for and would like to see nurtured....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

The second paragraph is what I meant with my question. I wondered if the desire to be eligible for a grand slam lost its luster and not having to do reporting is the overriding factor.
Last edited by Sporty on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Just competed our first match of the year. Started to fill out the form. Got 1/2 way thru the first match and said "forget it" (euphamism) Total PITA. Not spending the time. You're on drugs if you think this is better, faster or smarter than books. I hope the online is better........lots better. Now I feel bad for giving Emmett trouble.....sorry Emmett
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

psteiger wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:38 pm Just competed our first match of the year. Started to fill out the form. Got 1/2 way thru the first match and said "forget it" (euphamism) Total PITA. Not spending the time. You're on drugs if you think this is better, faster or smarter than books. I hope the online is better........lots better. Now I feel bad for giving Emmett trouble.....sorry Emmett
Now why do you want to fib in public? Everyone knows you enjoy giving me a hard time.... =))
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

I also just had our first match of the year. Fill out first form, took about 20 minutes. We had 25 shooters. Then saved it and went back in and changed the scores for the hunter rifle. Took about 10 minutes. Was not a problem. Next match I will just take out people that didn't show or add new ones. Better than messing around with books. We usually always have the same shooters every match. My only concern is the CBC match where I have 90 plus shooters. But I will just send them my master score sheet. And will send them my address sheet as well, incase some people aren't in the data base yet. I no that scoring 90 plus books, even if you print labels is a bitch. And it should also help with the people that don't put there highest scores in there books, or as most people call it Sand bagging. I didn't know if I was going to like it, but I gave it a chance and it works for me. After scoring books sense 1988 I guess I am tired of it. I also informed my shooters to email copies of there books.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Can someone explain the procedure with multiple 40 round matches per date...i.e. 2 HP and 2Hunter? Write slowly...I'm old
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:01 am Can someone explain the procedure with multiple 40 round matches per date...i.e. 2 HP and 2Hunter? Write slowly...I'm old
Each approved match that you signed up for has a tournament ID number. You should have received the ID numbers by email and hard copy. You submit scores for the competitors who participated in each of those tournaments. Standard rifle and hunter rifle are separate tournaments so you should have different ID numbers for each one.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

If I understand this correctly; we are rid of the scoring books but now we pay $5-$10 per score card, per match, per discipline?

Is that correct?
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

No. There is no charge this year. In the future there may be a small charge per shooter per match.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:01 am Can someone explain the procedure with multiple 40 round matches per date...i.e. 2 HP and 2Hunter? Write slowly...I'm old
I asked the NRA about tournament numbers. For example, I was told when you host Smallbore Silhouette Rifle and Smallbore Hunting Silhouette Rifle on the same day there is only one tournament number.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Sporty wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:54 am
I asked the NRA about tournament numbers. For example, I was told when you host Smallbore Silhouette Rifle and Smallbore Hunting Silhouette Rifle on the same day there is only one tournament number.

If ya'll remember the first year we did "online" match approval that was 48 individual matches that I had to get approved... they didn't have it set up that first year to input multiple dates for a monthly match....

Hopefully this will not be as "painful" the first year....