Silhouette ID Cards

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Silhouette ID Cards

Post by ppkny »

Question?
I received my new silhouette cards from the NRA today. Each one is identical except for the description of the discipline. ie. SILH High Power Rifle, SILH High Power Hunting Rifle etc.
There is no unique number that goes to identify which card is for what except the description as above. I'm a little confused as to how these will work in the reporting system. Maybe a match director could explain their take on this. My NRA member # is on each card but it's the same on all cards.

Thanks, PPKNY
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Silhouette ID Cards

Post by Sporty »

I don't understand the problem. Your name, NRA membership number, the shooting discipline and your classification in that discipline are all the match directors need. I expect there's a signature line and effective date like my other classification cards.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

I received 3 of 5 cards today. They are fine. I will put them in my shooting box, but I anticipate never showing them to anyone. I have never been asked to produce my BPTR cards, for example. In fact I only have one and should have two.

So far, so good.

BTW, what is SILH anyway? It used to be called CLA and they dropped the C right? Should be just LA, but whatever. I'll be there.
Cimarron Red
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Cimarron Red »

I received two of four cards today. I guess the four-digit competitor number is now gone.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Wife got all 3 of hers and they are correct. I received one of my 8 and it was wrong (AAA instead of M).... I'll see what the other ones look like when they get in... Glad I have an office laminater!
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

All seven of mine came in. Two of my wife's did not . Check online for classification and three was there. The missing cards could come tomorrow in mail since Monday was a holiday.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

Got 8 of 9, 6 were correct. Not sure why they all had to come in separate envelopes. Now to see if I can keep from loosing one or more.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

tnchicknsnipr wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:02 pm All seven of mine came in. Two of my wife's did not . Check online for classification and three was there. The missing cards could come tomorrow in mail since Monday was a holiday.
Where online?
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

cedestech wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:28 am Where online?
https://competitor.nra.org/CompetitorCl ... ation.aspx
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Looks like the new system is off to a rocky start but we are rid of those damn rotten books. =))
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

I received 2 of 13 yesterday, one was wrong. So far, I remain skeptical.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Jerry G wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:46 am Looks like the new system is off to a rocky start but we are rid of those damn rotten books. =))
Shhhhh..... I'm the only one allowed to say that.... :))
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Sporty wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:03 am
cedestech wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:28 am Where online?
https://competitor.nra.org/CompetitorCl ... ation.aspx
Nice... sent in pictures of my cover and all pages, should be Master: small bore hunter rifle, small bore lever action, pistol cartridge lever action, lever action, AAA in small bore standard rifle, sporter air rifle, target air rifle, open air rifle....

I recieved one card for AAA in lever action and checked the link, shows not classified in small bore and pistol cartridge lever action.... that is all.

Guess I get to start over again!!!!

Who Hoo!!!!

=))

But hey, them damn books are gone.... :ymparty:
bigmike6970
B Poster
B Poster

Post by bigmike6970 »

I sent in photo copies of the books where I went up in class to AAA in Smallbore Rifle and Smallbore Hunter Rifle
Today I received a card for Smallbore AA. watch out AA I'm Back LOL :ymhug: :D =))
and one for Open Air Rifle Outdoor AA (never have competed in air rifle)

I guess I will fire off an email to see about get the corrections made

BigMike
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

NRA Silhouette Department
18mlkbldn2a1cpng.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.