Silhouette Rifle Rules Changes - 2018

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Silhouette Rifle Rules Changes - 2018

Post by dustinflint »

psteiger wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:38 pmWhat???? An original Black Powder cartridge rifle, from the era, is not legal in BPCR? You're kidding, right? Not a modern ( Al Freeland international), but a real live, no kidding English rifle, converted at the turn of the century to 22lr, when it still was black powder.
Pat,

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but not only is your rifle illegal, you are also required to wear boots made on or before the year 1850 (or handmade moccasins from the same era.) In fact, none of the fabrics on your body while firing a match are allowed to have been manufactured after 1850 and you have to wear a buffalo-skin coat from a buffalo that died before the Civil War.

Sorry man, but these rules are very important.

Dustin

P.S. We're going to need you to ride a horse to the match as well.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Dustin,

Not to be argumentative, but based on a recent (1879 or so) rule change, mules are also allowed now.

Greg
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

I'll just borrow the clothes from your dad. Most of the stuff he wears is from around then.......... :ymparty:
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Dustin

[/quote]

Umm. Is that so people can say "screw you and the horse you rode in on...?" b-( =))
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

GTS wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:26 pm Dustin,

Not to be argumentative, but based on a recent (1879 or so) rule change, mules are also allowed now.

Greg
LOLOLOL - that rule change is basically useless because the mules are not allowed to use lenses so they can't see where they're going.

Dustin
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

lijeboy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:13 am
dustinflint wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:31 am So, six rifles to shoot a lever gun match? Three for iron sights and three for scopes? Looking like IHMSA...

The whole point of shooting at those giant targets is so they can be shot with iron sights.

Dustin
Good point. I hereby rescind my suggestion of a scope class.
It is quite easy to shoot all 6 with just two rifles actually. Scopes and irons are easily interchanged at the range.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

dustinflint wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:33 am
psteiger wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:47 pmI believe Troy Lawton from Georgia who won the truck at Winnsboro with a 40/40 was shooting a 10/22. We have lots of people shooting plenty of different action types so to call this a bolt game is wrong.
I am very curious to know why smallbore/highpower/air rifle is not acceptable for the few people that want a scope category for lever action. I REALLY hope the reason is not:
"but the animals are so small..."
Dustin
How about because we just don't want to? Hard to understand I realize, but true nonetheless.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

dustinflint wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:10 pm
psteiger wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:38 pmWhat???? An original Black Powder cartridge rifle, from the era, is not legal in BPCR? You're kidding, right? Not a modern ( Al Freeland international), but a real live, no kidding English rifle, converted at the turn of the century to 22lr, when it still was black powder.
Pat,

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but not only is your rifle illegal, you are also required to wear boots made on or before the year 1850 (or handmade moccasins from the same era.) In fact, none of the fabrics on your body while firing a match are allowed to have been manufactured after 1850 and you have to wear a buffalo-skin coat from a buffalo that died before the Civil War.

Sorry man, but these rules are very important.

Dustin

And you wonder why...
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

BrentD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:58 pmHow about because we just don't want to? Hard to understand I realize, but true nonetheless.

Yes, it is hard to understand. You wrote that you want to shoot with a scope, then you wrote that you don't want to shoot with a scope. That's hard to understand.

Dustin
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

BrentD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:58 pmHow about because we just don't want to? Hard to understand I realize, but true nonetheless.
IMG_4567.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Dustin, your posts explain, perfectly, why I and other lever gun shooters really do NOT want to shoot with you. Thanks for making that so crystal clear.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

BrentD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:47 pm Dustin, your posts explain, perfectly, why I and other lever gun shooters really do NOT want to shoot with you. Thanks for making that so crystal clear.
Dustin is just being ornery. He is pleasant as punch to shoot with. He just hates to see rules changed around. It's lawyer in him.

O:-)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
No1_49er
A Poster
A Poster

Post by No1_49er »

Couple of things: -
Whilst a Martini action rifle is operated by a lever, it will never be a "lever action" rifle. It is, and can only ever be, a Martini action, which is a tilting or dropping block, but not falling block in the sense that we know Winchester Hi/Lo Wall etc.

Why would anybody want six rifles? Is there something difficult about folding the tang sight down or, if necessary, removing the receiver sight? Worst case, surely, is that you need three scopes.
I regularly swap between iron and scope on the same rifle. It really isn't difficult.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Brent,

I'm truly sorry if I offended you, again. We should see if the moderators will create a safe space on here for you so that you don't have to be exposed to my ideas.

Two things:

First, I didn't suggest you shoot "with me." You asked for three new Silhouette disciplines to be created so that you could use a scope; I simply suggested you shoot one of the many Silhouette games that allow scopes. I shoot Lever guns too; this is not a question of you shooting with me or not.

Second, I participate in Lever gun Silhouette and run a Lever gun championship match. If the scoped Lever gun category you suggested were to become a reality, it would affect me tremendously. It seems like a terrible idea to me considering all the wonderful scoped Silhouette games we already have. However, in an effort to understand your suggestion I've asked several times why scoped Lever gun is desirable over the other scoped games. You've been unable or unwilling to provide a practical reason as yet.

You either want your ideas to be taken seriously by the silhouette community or not. If you do, answer some basic questions so that everyone here can decide whether this is a good idea or not.

If you don't want to be taken seriously, just say so and I guess everyone that reads what you write will know that you don't want your ideas to be seriously considered.

Dustin
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

cedestech wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:08 pm
BrentD wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:47 pm Dustin, your posts explain, perfectly, why I and other lever gun shooters really do NOT want to shoot with you. Thanks for making that so crystal clear.
Dustin is just being ornery. He is pleasant as punch to shoot with. He just hates to see rules changed around. It's lawyer in him.

O:-)
Be that as it may, he is the worst ambassador for his sport that I have ever seen. And highpower certainly has a reputation, deserved or not, that fits with that ambassadorship. Just sayin'.

As far as I know, he does NOT shoot lever rifles either in Highpower, smallbore, or LEVER ACTION - so maybe he should just sit on the sidelines about rule changes that have no effect to him.

Scoped lever gun would have no effect on iron sight lever gun other than to let a few old friends that had to give it up come back to the range and shoot for a few more years, and some iron sight shooters would have some more opportunities to launch lead down range. It has done wonders for BPCR and its shooters.