Can I buy a scorebook or do I need to get it from NRA?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
B Poster
B Poster

Can I buy a scorebook or do I need to get it from NRA?

Post by 308 »

Back when I last attended a silhouette match, the first club you shot at in a new year, for a few bucks over the match fees you could buy a scorebook and be good for the rest of the year in that discipline.

Is it still done this way or do I need to order one from NRA before I attend a match?
Needing to hear how it's done these days, thanks
Now, if I can just get 10 Turkeys in a row!!!
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Can I buy a scorebook or do I need to get it from NRA?

Post by Jason »

The short version of the answer here is that we aren't using the pre-printed scorebooks with pages for all of the silhouette disciplines in them anymore as of this year. The NRA will issue cards for classifications for individual disciplines instead.

The long version of the discussion is in a multi-page thread in this same forum. You can click this link to go straight to it.

Big Changes

As you might guess with a thread that went on for multiple pages, there are differences of opinion on whether the change is a good one or not. The opinions come from experienced shooters and match directors alike. I'll let you read through that thread and form your own opinion (or not), but I believe that thread does have all the details that are currently known.

Welcome back to silhouette! 8)
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Can I buy a scorebook or do I need to get it from NRA?

Post by atomicbrh »

Like Jason stated the NRA is no longer selling or using scorebooks. You can buy generic scorebooks from Emmett Dibble("cedestech" on this forum).
Here is the link to where he is selling them. Around $5 is what he thinks he can sell them for. Even if the NRA no longer uses them, Emmett's book makes it easy to keep a personal record of your scores and classifications.
http://steelchickens.com/forums/viewtop ... =3&t=13220
Emmett, What do you think about printing a slightly larger version to make it easier to write scores in the blanks but still fit in a range bag?