Silhouette Auto Score Excel Workbook

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
TDB
B Poster
B Poster

Silhouette Auto Score Excel Workbook

Post by TDB »

As fun project(yes...I think this if fun), I put together an excel workbook that handles much of the post-match stats.

This workbook will automatically move shooters up to appropriate class (based upon number of shooters in a class), score results, detect shootoffs, and identify match and class winners. This requires you to enable macros (if not already enabled) in the workbook.

Please note that this workbook likely contains some flaws (and if you spot them, please let me know so that I can get them fixed). If you have changes or additions that you'd like to see, just let me know, and I'll try to get them worked into the next version. Currently, this only accepts Standard, Hunter, Cowboy, and Air Rifle for match type and a MAX of 40 shooters (and lacks category awards like Junior, Senior, etc.).

Here's how it works.
1. Open the file
2. Starting in Cell A2 (i.e., where you will enter first shooter)
A. Pick Match Type from Downdown menu
B. Enter Shooter First Name
C. Enter Shooter Last Name
D. Pick Shooter Class from Dropdown
E. Move to Cell A3 and repeat A-D for each shooter.
3. The sheet should automatically adjust the shooter classifications based upon the number of shooters in each class (i.e., will automatically move up shooters to specific classes based upon number of shooters). BUT... this is complicated process so if you spot errors let me know!!!
4. At completion of match, enter hits for Chickens, Pigs, Turkeys, and Rams for each shooter in the relevant rows in columns "Chickens", "Pigs", "Turkeys", "Rams" (columns G-J). The sheet will automatically calculate totals in "Total" (column K) and if they have 10 in a row for each animal (N-Q). You would still have to manually enter 5 in a rows.Will prompt an error if you try to enter a number different from 0-10 in G-J to minimize score entries.
5. When all shooters are entered, click the "Check for Shootoffs" button.
A. The sheet will highlight any classes that have a shootoff in red.
B. Conduct the shootoffs
C. Pick the winner of the shootoff from the dropdown menu "Select Shootoff Winner"
6. Click "Get Awards & Sort by Class" button.
The sheet will automatically generate 1st or 1st and 2nd for each class in the "Award" Column (column L)
7. If there are NO shootoffs, still click "Get Awards & Sort by Class" button.
8. When match is complete, click "Save As" and choose your save location and type in your preferred name.
9. When saved click "Clear Sheet" to return the whole sheet to blank. This will allow you to start entering new info for a new match.

Feel free to share with anyone else who could benefit and test :-)

Links:

V6:
Fixed errors in calculating class winners.
Included Max 20 shooters and Max 40 Shooters (separate files)
Included protected and unprotected versions (per request).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by TDB on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Silhouette Auto Score Excel Workbook

Post by psteiger »

thank you
:-bd
curmudgeon
B Poster
B Poster

Post by curmudgeon »

Thanks for sharing.

Can you share the password to un-protect the sheet so that I can customize to our format of 2x40 matches for each rifle.

Here's a copy of our layout without any of the awesome automation features you've added. In addition to the match and class winners, I'd want to use custom formatting to highlight 5 & 10 pins, and qualifying scores for promotion to the next highest class.

-Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TDB
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TDB »

Updated link:
Includes link to folder with multiple versions and formats with protected and unprotected files available.