39 animals in High Power!!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
MTelkhunter
B Poster
B Poster

39 animals in High Power!!

Post by MTelkhunter »

I have never posted in the Club House section, but thought that I should share the news of Kalvin Marsh of the Bull River Shooters Association knocking down 39 animals in the High Power Match. He missed one Turkey. This was done at the May, Long Invitational Match held in Fort Steele BC this last weekend. He finished out the next match with a 34, ending with a total of 73 out of 80 targets. This young man is a shooting machine and has two brothers that can shoot right along side of him. I believe that he will get all 40 this year in standard rifle and then push hard for the hunter class. Bull River Shooters Association have a very good facebook site if you are interested.
RickF
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 39 animals in High Power!!

Post by RickF »

It’s worth noting that Kalvin started that morning on turkeys. If he had started on chickens or pigs to get rolling...

He and his two brothers all push each other, and their dad isn’t far behind. Any/all of the three may get that high power 40.
curmudgeon
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 39 animals in High Power!!

Post by curmudgeon »

Awesome news! I'm sad that I wasn't able to attend this year.

I shot beside Kalvin a couple years ago in a smallbore match - super nice guy. During the match, I couldn't understand why he was having so many misfires. When I asked, he just smiled and said that he was using the extra time before the cease fire to dry fire for practice. Amazing drive and discipline.

Congrats Kalvin!