costs on approved matches

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

costs on approved matches

Post by rogersptl »

Has anyone been notified what the NRA wants/charges per shooter for an 'approved' match? Will the registered match fees increase? We are setting the 2020 program and wish to cover the cost OR discontinue the NRA 'approval' Thanks I still vote to got back to the booklets.
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: costs on approved matches

Post by cedestech »

Do you mean registered matches or just approved? They’ve never charged for approved matches. Unless you feel they’re going to do that this year? Registered matches have always been on a sliding scale whether it’s simply registered, regional, or state match.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

The mystery panel should be deciding on fees soon at their meeting,whenever that is.Then will inform the silhouette committee
whoever they are and appointed by some other unknown body.
Thank goodness no fees were charged for this years matches to record classifications,without books.
How’d that work for everyone?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

hermit5 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:25 pm The mystery panel should be deciding on fees soon at their meeting,whenever that is.Then will inform the silhouette committee
whoever they are and appointed by some other unknown body.
Thank goodness no fees were charged for this years matches to record classifications,without books.
How’d that work for everyone?
LOL.... =))
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Cost on approved matches? We don’t that sort of stuff at the gun club that I belong to. We do fun matches without all of that extra baggage that comes with the NRA.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

DavidABQ wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:44 pm Cost on approved matches? We don’t that sort of stuff at the gun club that I belong to. We do fun matches without all of that extra baggage that comes with the NRA.
That is too bad. As far as the NRA is concerned you don't exist. It has never costed (so that was never an excuse) to have matches "approved". It was annoying when they transitioned to online but it's a hour of a match directors time, then a few minutes after a match to send it a jury report. If no one has their matches approved then as far as the NRA can tell no one is shooting that discipline any more and they should quit spending time and effort with it. Self defeating....
Del
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Del »

So if you aren't approving or registering your matches and you shoot three scores above your current classification, you might as well have saved the ammo and shot rocks as far as your classification is concerned. Not sure why the NRA wanted to get a stranglehold on the classification system. Farmer said it was to make us like the high power system and they were going to make on overall online recording system but I haven't seen that.

One thing that would be nice on their classification tracking page for each shooter is that they would show how many matches you shot at a higher class than you are currently registered and also include all the scores you have shot. With the books going away, you loose this information and you also don't have the ability to check on whether your scores were reported accurately. I too still vote for using books...

I'm currently trying to get the scores in for the NW Regional match and it has proven to be a little time consuming as many shooters didn't include their NRA numbers on their entries and I'm having to call quite a few folks but I'm about done with that.

The next issue is that they only have room to enter one score, which may force me to pay multiple registration fees for our four day match especially if you shoot like we did with two days iron, two days scope but want to track each days scores. $3.50 each for a registered match this year. I'm going to doctor their reporting form so that I can get all four days of shooting in on one form or maybe include four forms..? Not sure how they will deal with that on their end. We had 50 shooters so the registration fee hopefully will be $175. That could change to $700 if they require the fee for each day. Just because we want to track our scores...

Anyone know how they deal with this???
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Del wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:27 am
Anyone know how they deal with this???
What are you talking about? Are you trying to register a match or report a match?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Del wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:27 am I too still vote for using books...

Those pesky pieces of paper sure made a lot of things simple...

Sigh....

/:)
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by rogersptl »

Note from M Cramer indicated the question was being forwarded to Farmer. As suggested above it may be a fee as now in place for 'approved' gallery or NMC hi power events. I have a few newer shooters that are progressing nicely and I do not want to 'short' them out of a grand slam award.
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
40-65rl
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 40-65rl »

Why would anyone want to report their scores? Keep it the same, shoot above your classification all year and then go to nationals and win a boat load of trophies, just like always. Whether the NRA doesn't record the match scores of the shooter or the shooter doesn't write down their match scores on a piece of paper, same, same. Press on folks.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

40-65rl wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:07 pm Why would anyone want to report their scores? Keep it the same, shoot above your classification all year and then go to nationals and win a boat load of trophies, just like always. Whether the NRA doesn't record the match scores of the shooter or the shooter doesn't write down their match scores on a piece of paper, same, same. Press on folks.
Well.... I do realize you are being facetious.... but it has been a year and besides for the yellow paper message from the NRA at the beginning of the year when we received our match packets with out score books.... nothing else that I know of has happened. There has been no other communication from the NRA as to how they want scores reported.... I've been sending tournrpt@nrahq a picture of the score sheet with the match name and date and the back with anyones info that needs cards or have moved up.... I send in the post card jury report also. No idea if any of it goes anywhere or if it ends up in the middle of a field like "LOST"....

:-B
Del
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Del »

cedestech wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:08 am What are you talking about? Are you trying to register a match or report a match?
I think I found the answer in the definitions of tournaments in the NRA Silhoutte rulebook. It says,

(a) Match - A complete event as indicated in the program for the awarding
of certain specific prizes, A match may consist of one or several
stages, It may, in the case of aggregate matches, include the scores
tired in several subsidiary matches.

So a four day match can include two 40 shot matches for each (one scope, one iron) championship 80 shot aggregate match as a complete event as long as prizes for such are indicated in the program...

So I appears that should just send in four 40 shot match reports and pay for one match.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Del wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:00 pm
cedestech wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:08 am What are you talking about? Are you trying to register a match or report a match?
I think I found the answer in the definitions of tournaments in the NRA Silhoutte rulebook. It says,

(a) Match - A complete event as indicated in the program for the awarding
of certain specific prizes, A match may consist of one or several
stages, It may, in the case of aggregate matches, include the scores
tired in several subsidiary matches.

So a four day match can include two 40 shot matches for each (one scope, one iron) championship 80 shot aggregate match as a complete event as long as prizes for such are indicated in the program...

So I appears that should just send in four 40 shot match reports and pay for one match.
Still not understanding... are you "registering" one match date/event (One off match, regional, state) or are you trying to register a reoccurring monthly match?

The confusion I have is most people have their monthly club matches "approved", which has traditionally costed nothing other then the match directors time to sit down and do it.... With small bore or high power you have 2 matches... (standard and hunter) and most people (at least I do) with lever action have 6 if they include pistol.

"approved" and "registered" are poor terms that are confusing but have been around forever seeing you have to (register) your "approved" match with the NRA...
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Does anyone really know how this system works? Beginning with the poor introduction by the NRA to the total lack of timely posting of scores and apparently no way to verify what current class a shooter is in, how can we expect them (NRA) to be forthcoming with anything.
Maybe we're still in "BETA" testing and we all know how that goes.
ppkny