Bad News

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Bad News

Post by OldRanger »

Man I have to read these forums more often. I just put in for the time off to go to whittington center. I guess now I'll just take a vacation somewhere, the NRA can suck the jam outta my toes.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

OldRanger wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:26 pm Man I have to read these forums more often. I just put in for the time off to go to whittington center. I guess now I'll just take a vacation somewhere, the NRA can suck the jam outta my toes.
OldRanger,

I was pissed off at first then I had a reality check. It is only a silhouette match and I have several other interests. I will just pursue something else instead.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Of Positive Mind!

Post by teetertotter »

I wish I had the money to attend Nationals, some regionals, some other locals, a while back. I didn't start until age 65. I was an A shooter, did not practice, but ENJOYED our local sanctioned matches and the comradery. I still don't have the $$$, was former club director for 4 years, and been out for 4 years due to health.

Got my eyes fixed this past summer, hip bone spur w meds is working, ...etc. If a couple others things can fall into place soon, I would like to be back shooting at age 76, summer of 20. I have gone out a couple times each year to CALL and say hello. We have gained some participants too. NICE.

What are people complaining about? Can't please everybody with having all the right facilities plus accommodations, for a huge gathering. At least there are 2 places in the country, that are willing to support the nationals. Are there any other facilities, willing to VOLUNTEER their manpower, time, and energy, if they have the right facilities and accommodations?

I wish..............
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Like all institutions headquartered in the east..... the rest of the country either doesn't exist or doesn't matter to NRA unless your donating money to them, there half hearted effort to stop reflag laws here supports that supposition.
You can bet that if the NRA was based somewhere in the middle of the country it would be a very different organization right now and national competitions would be centrally located.
It's time for the NRA Headquarters to leave the devil city, leave the ILA there but control them from the center of the country.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Kevin, I think you have it backwards. The ILA controls the rest of the NRA.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

DavidABQ wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:18 pm Kevin, I think you have it backwards. The ILA controls the rest of the NRA.
That has become PAINFULLY obvious... :-l
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

cedestech wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:41 pm
DavidABQ wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:18 pm Kevin, I think you have it backwards. The ILA controls the rest of the NRA.
That has become PAINFULLY obvious... :-l
That is true and they see the membership as an ATM machine.
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

Amen to the sentiments on the NRA and what it has become at the top.

However, this thread is totally misnamed. It should read "Good News" in that Ridgway, after being ask to do so by the NRA competition folks, stepped up and agreed to add the BPCR & Levergun matches to the their normal every-other-year hosting of HP and SB silhouette. The good news is that there will actually be a BPCR & Levergun national match rather than the possibility of both being cancelled if Ridgway had said 'no'. So, "thank you" to the RRC and the good folks there who have taken on the added effort of hosting additional national matches on short notice. It could have truly been 'bad news', as in no national BPCR or Levergun matches.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

SSShooter wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:21 pm Amen to the sentiments on the NRA and what it has become at the top.

However, this thread is totally misnamed. It should read "Good News" in that Ridgway, after being ask to do so by the NRA competition folks, stepped up and agreed to add the BPCR & Levergun matches to the their normal every-other-year hosting of HP and SB silhouette. The good news is that there will actually be a BPCR & Levergun national match rather than the possibility of both being cancelled if Ridgway had said 'no'. So, "thank you" to the RRC and the good folks there who have taken on the added effort of hosting additional national matches on short notice. It could have truly been 'bad news', as in no national BPCR or Levergun matches.
Very true, very true indeed.
Perhaps the NRA will ask Ridgeway to be the permanent home for the various national silhouette nationals?
I know it has been stated that Ridgeway is not seeking to be the permanent home for the silhouette nationals but what makes them think that the NRA cares what they want? If would be very simply for the NRA to simply tell Ridgeway they will be the new home for the various silhouette national events. If Ridgeway declines then the NRA kills silhouette nationals and tosses the blame on the club at Ridgeway. Then NRA is rid of silhouette and someone else gets the blame.
Kind of a win/win for the NRA.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Dave, the Whittington Center isn't owned by the NRA nore is silhouette. We'll be fine with or without the NRA.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

DavidABQ wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:40 pm
Very true, very true indeed.
Perhaps the NRA will ask Ridgeway to be the permanent home for the various national silhouette nationals?
I know it has been stated that Ridgeway is not seeking to be the permanent home for the silhouette nationals but what makes them think that the NRA cares what they want? If would be very simply for the NRA to simply tell Ridgeway they will be the new home for the various silhouette national events. If Ridgeway declines then the NRA kills silhouette nationals and tosses the blame on the club at Ridgeway. Then NRA is rid of silhouette and someone else gets the blame.
Kind of a win/win for the NRA.
Misspelled "anyone"....

=))
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

My understanding is that Ridgway required a contract with the NRA for silhouettes thru 2026 so they have a basis for planning. With the NRA, hopefully it is worth more than the paper it is written on. While I know none of the details of the contract, it does not cover BPCR after this year and BPCR returns to the WTC next year. If what I 'understand' is correct, HP & SB will continue to rotate each year and I think that levergun follows BPCR and there is nothing in the contract about BPCR after the 2021 return to the WTC.

To state that the NRA does not 'own' the WTC is too simplistic. It is all wrapped up in the tax laws and non-profits and 403Cs and whatever for us mere mortals to understand. Just the way the NRA wants it.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

SSShooter wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:29 am My understanding is that Ridgway required a contract with the NRA for silhouettes thru 2026 so they have a basis for planning. With the NRA, hopefully it is worth more than the paper it is written on. While I know none of the details of the contract, it does not cover BPCR after this year and BPCR returns to the WTC next year. If what I 'understand' is correct, HP & SB will continue to rotate each year and I think that levergun follows BPCR and there is nothing in the contract about BPCR after the 2021 return to the WTC.

To state that the NRA does not 'own' the WTC is too simplistic. It is all wrapped up in the tax laws and non-profits and 403Cs and whatever for us mere mortals to understand. Just the way the NRA wants it.
This is what I have been told also. But keep in mind, the WC had signed contracts with the NRA for all four matches for 2020. So the contracts Ridgway has through 2026 are certainly not ironclad. I hope it all works the way it is planned and their contracts are not just appeasement so they would take it for this year but I wouldn'tbet the farm on it. Time will tell. I know Mike and Tammy and their crew are going to do a great job, as they always do and wish them the best.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

They should rename Ridgeway the east coast regional, Pe ell could be the west coast regional the Saint Louis regional would be the central and the range for the nationals. Rules would be like football in that people couldn't compete in the first round out of their home region. Rules would be that to qualify to be a "region" there would have to be 35 or 50 or some significant number of shooters from that area compete in the regional tournament in any given year in the case that there was a desire to add say as an example a south east group from Florida, Georgia etc.
Only the class and match winners from each region would qualify for the nationals.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

kevinbear wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:33 pm They should rename Ridgeway the east coast regional, Pe ell could be the west coast regional the Saint Louis regional would be the central and the range for the nationals. Rules would be like football in that people couldn't compete in the first round out of their home region. Rules would be that to qualify to be a "region" there would have to be 35 or 50 or some significant number of shooters from that area compete in the regional tournament in any given year in the case that there was a desire to add say as an example a south east group from Florida, Georgia etc.
Only the class and match winners from each region would qualify for the nationals.
The difference is there is no TV paying for the privilege to broadcast and no fans to pay for tickets.
-Charlie Meli
Match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC