Bad News

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Bad News

Post by kevinbear »

Sporty wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:22 pm Why change tradition? So what if it's called NRA Nationals. Metallic silhouette doesn't have the player population other sports have. If you're looking to promote a sport you don't want to limit participation by turning away players just because they can't beat a Master. The only reason to limit the competitor count is range capacity. Not classification.
1.Ok,so read this carefully, I'm going to type slowly so you can follow along.
From earlier posts, "Only the class and match winners from each region would qualify for the nationals". what this means is there would be class winners from every region including B class all the way up to Master, shooters wouldn't all be masters and lower classes would be competing against other people in there class just like the current rules.
2. You said earlier in a post you weren't sure you would be able to afford to go to the Nationals, I hear you there, between constantly increasing entry fees and travel expenses it can get pretty expensive especially if you live on the other side of the country from where they're being held.
Here's the good news, a club in your region will have a once a year match to qualify for the nationals, these matches will take on significant importance and accompanying attendance. It will raise attendance at the local levels.
3. And finally there's been a problem for years with finding clubs that can handle a National competition from the number of firing positions/targets to finding people to run a 100+ competitor match, through a regional qualification process that drops to 20-25 people. It could be held almost anywhere at that number, a couple of regular match directors could run them.
4. The only downside I see to it is vendors that attend the nationals would see alot less people at the nationals, they might have to travel more and go to the regionals.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

kevinbear wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:48 pm
Sporty wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:22 pm Why change tradition? So what if it's called NRA Nationals. Metallic silhouette doesn't have the player population other sports have. If you're looking to promote a sport you don't want to limit participation by turning away players just because they can't beat a Master. The only reason to limit the competitor count is range capacity. Not classification.
From earlier posts, "Only the class and match winners from each region would qualify for the nationals". what this means is there would be class winners from every region including B class all the way up to Master, shooters wouldn't all be masters and lower classes would be competing against other people in there class just like the current rules.
2. You said earlier in a post you weren't sure you would be able to afford to go to the Nationals, I hear you there, between constantly increasing entry fees and travel expenses it can get pretty expensive especially if you live on the other side of the country from where they're being held.
Here's the good news, a club in your region will have a once a year match to qualify for the nationals, these matches will take on significant importance and accompanying attendance. It will raise attendance at the local levels.
3. And finally there's been a problem for years with finding clubs that can handle a National competition from the number of firing positions/targets to finding people to run a 100+ competitor match, through a regional qualification process that drops to 20-25 people. It could be held almost anywhere at that number, a couple of regular match directors could run them.
4. The only downside I see to it is vendors that attend the nationals would see alot less people at the nationals, they might have to travel more and go to the regionals.
Thank you for your consideration of my failing faculties.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Sporty wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:00 pm
kevinbear wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:48 pm
Thank you for your consideration of my failing faculties.
My apologies, I didn't realize you were having health or whatever issues.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I still think we should petition the NRA to make Ridgeqway the permanent home of the Silhouette Nationals.

I know there are individuals who say that is not a goal of the Ridgeway Club but they should obviously step up for the good of the Silhouette shooting sports and the NRA’s bank account since they field all of the costs.

Good for silhouette and good for the NRA!
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

BrentD wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm
SSShooter wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:29 am My understanding is that Ridgway required a contract with the NRA for silhouettes thru 2026 so they have a basis for planning.
In other words, it was a LIE when we were told that BPCR and Lever Gun (at least) would alternate annually with the Whit.

Not that I believed you then, but let's own up to the truth someday. Silhouette is never coming back to the Whit.
As usual, Brent, you are totally full of shit.
Here is the complete post, which you so conveniently left out in your total BS ways.
SSShooter wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:29 am My understanding is that Ridgway required a contract with the NRA for silhouettes thru 2026 so they have a basis for planning. With the NRA, hopefully it is worth more than the paper it is written on. While I know none of the details of the contract, it does not cover BPCR after this year and BPCR returns to the WTC next year. If what I 'understand' is correct, HP & SB will continue to rotate each year and I think that levergun follows BPCR and there is nothing in the contract about BPCR after the 2021 return to the WTC.
Absolutely nothing about BPCR & Levergun after the return to Raton, as promised, in 2021 (assuming the NRA is telling the truth). Stop trying to put this on Ridgway just because you are too big a chicken to go there. For a supposed college professor you are not very bright.