Hugh McCombs has Left the Range

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Hugh McCombs has Left the Range

Post by ShootingStar »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Hugh McCombs passed away at 3:20 on 1/1/2020 - due to Pancreatic Cancer.
He was a good Christian, a good Man, a good Friend, a good Husband and Father, a good shooter and a strong supporter of our Silhouette sports.

Hugh and his wife Lynette would want everyone to know that throughout his cancer diagnosis and treatment, they kept a strong commitment to their faith in Jesus Christ. He was diagnosed with Stage 2 Pancreatic Cancer in January/February after an extended stay in the hospital. After many surgeries, chemo and other treatments, severe pain was a constant reminder of his situation. Again, showing their strong faith, they (and many of us) prayed for miraculous healing. It did indeed come about when he went into the presence of God; he received his perfect body: without disease or pain.

Hugh and Lynette ran the Smallbore Silhouette and Lever Action Silhouette matches at Jacksonville's Gateway Rifle & Pistol Club for many, many years. They also ran the State Championships in both: the Smallbore match was called the "Sunshine Classic." It was a great match to attend and always enjoyed going and renewing friendships with those who attended. Much of what I learned about holding a State Championship, being a Jury Member and making matches enjoyable was due to attending their match and others where they were competitors as well.

He will be missed for his friendship, his smile and his willingness to help anybody and everybody. Our community is diminished by his absence!
Please keep his wife (and the rest of his family) in your prayers. Though we know where Hugh is, he is not here to be with his wife and family - so there is sorrow mixed with the joy!

Memorial Services will be held at 11am on Saturday, Jan 11 at The Springs Church, 317 Blanding Blvd, Orange Park, FL
Here is a link to the obituary. https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituar ... bs-8981632
abraverman
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Hugh McCombs has Left the Range

Post by abraverman »

Thank you for the notification. It was a pleasure working with Hugh on the matches he so tirelessly and selflessly organized and conducted. The silhouette sport is diminished by his passing.
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

Hugh was a super nice guy and a wonderful ambassador for our sport. Those of us who consider ourselves part of the rimfire silhouette community are a bit diminished by his absence.
Pagunner
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Pagunner »

Hugh and Lynette are 2 of the warmest and most kind people I have met in and out of this sport. Hugh will be missed.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

The Celebration of Life for Hugh was well attended and was a beautiful tribute to an outstanding gentleman. I saw over 20 silhouette family there from several states. Lets all support Lynette in the 2020 Sunshine Classic that she is pushing forward with as Hugh already started the ball rolloing on it.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.