New reporting work sheets for 2020 approved matches?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

New reporting work sheets for 2020 approved matches?

Post by cedestech »

Just received my monthly approved match packed from the mother ship....

There are a bunch of what look to be score sheets and envelopes in there, no jury reports and no instructions....

I "assume" they want those filled out and mailed in for each months match and that will take care of the shooter reporting and jury report?

Anyone have some insight? Can I send it as a picture/scan to tournrpts@nrahq.org and save a stamp?

(yes I could email the NRA but I assume someone knows and when they have the same question, come here there will already be a post about it...)

:)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Re: New reporting work sheets for 2020 approved matches?

Post by rogersptl »

What are the fees required for approved events? I sent for approval in Nov, got E notification but so far no packet or additional information. Thanks
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

""There are a bunch of what look to be score sheets and envelopes in there, no jury reports and no instructions....""

Same here. Letter says to send in jury reports asap after match ? Anyone have an update?

Jim
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

xpilot wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:34 pm ""There are a bunch of what look to be score sheets and envelopes in there, no jury reports and no instructions....""

Same here. Letter says to send in jury reports asap after match ? Anyone have an update?

Jim
I didn't receive a letter in my packet.... could you take a pic and post it?

I am assuming the sheets are the new jury reports which will double as sending in scores.... (what happen to that dandy electronic scoring that Jason was wetting himself over?

BTW, has anyone seen Jason? I would love to hear his insights and wisdom on current events....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

My package from NRA is in my match box at the range. My paperwork was for Approved Matches only. As I recall: no fees for Approved matches.
I'll get the package from the range tomorrow.

Jim
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

I email my score sheets in. Somewhere I downloaded one. I usually have the same people for my matches, so I use the previous months match score sheet. I just change scores and delete people that didn't show. Or I do the cut and paste or copy thing. Works slick and does not take much time.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

At Ridgway last year the lady that handles our stats made up her own spread sheet with all the shooters info on it and emailed it to the NRA . They were fine with it and it worked good. Mike
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

I emailed a picture of the scoresheet last year also... I know it was being done 10 different ways by 10 different match directors last year... You’d think for who ever is having to do the data entry they would pick one way and request everyone use it... oh well. Onward and lateral movements... :/
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

Emmett, No letter...………...just the General regulations regarding tournaments etc. (same as last year) Nothing labeled "jury reports" that are to be submitted within 5 days of match. :-?
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

For our Matches in TN. I went and made a spreadsheet that mirrors all the info the NRA wants. Then I only have to enter NEW names and addresses of a competitor that shows up. If they are there monthly I already have the info. Point click enter scores.
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

See attached letter from the NRA.
2020 Silhouette MD Letter.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

They are "excited"... LOL....

Where did you get this letter? This is the info I was wondering about that wasn't included in my approved match packet.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

cedestech wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:26 am They are "excited"... LOL....

Where did you get this letter? This is the info I was wondering about that wasn't included in my approved match packet.
Aaron Farmer emailed it to me when I inquired about the online reporting system and mentioned a little communication from the NRA to the match directors would be helpful. He said he didn't have approval to send the letter when the tournament packages went out so I would expect it soon. I also got the impression they are expecting some hiccups along the way as the online system goes live.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

jbolt wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:44 am
cedestech wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:26 am They are "excited"... LOL....

Aaron Farmer emailed it to me when I inquired about the online reporting system and mentioned a little communication from the NRA to the match directors would be helpful. He said he didn't have approval to send the letter when the tournament packages went out so I would expect it soon. I also got the impression they are expecting some hiccups along the way as the online system goes live.
You don't say....

=))
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

Some clarification. The $15 classification fee is a one-time annual fee for all silhouette competitions which will include all rifles and all pistols. In the past we had to purchase a separate score book for pistol silhouette. That's now history.
-Charlie Meli
Match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC