American Silhouette Shooters in China

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: American Silhouette Shooters in China

Post by Merlin »

Sorry to see this thread devolve into a thread about which group of morally bankrupt manipulative self serving con men are telling the "truth."

What a sick joke.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Al, Tyler Durgan is also the imaginary character from Fight Club.
Somewhere there is a Linc to Kevin Bacon but I'm not sure where....yet!

Merlin, BINGO! ^:)^
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

The reason I started this in "clubhouse" instead of "behind the berm" is because so many people cannot gain access to "behind the berm". Since there have been replies that the sources of my OP were not legitimate experts, I have been reading scientific articles about the genetics of viruses. and peer review comments about those articles. My conclusion is anything anybody says about this subject can and will be disputed. Not generalities like my OP but for example arguments about whether spike proteins are identical or not between viruses from two different sources. No wonder viruses reek so much havoc.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

"behind the berm" is broken. no one get in. i been trying for years.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

acorneau wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:18 pm PolitiFact already called out that article you quoted (not the ABC News part) as totally bogus...

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... onavirus-/
I'll just leave this here and pay for it later... :)

https://wearechange.org/shady-fact-chec ... mT9HIaaWI4
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

frankmako wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:59 am "behind the berm" is broken. no one get in. i been trying for years.
"Behind the berm" was a charade from the get go.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I just posted on. Behind the been and its working for me.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

So, Mr.Corneau's source Politifact is a corrupt leftist fake news organization per https://wearechange.org/shady-fact-chec ... t-debunked? Not surprised. Strange, the number one researcher known worldwide for using bats for coronavirus research is in Wuhan Province where people first became sick. He advertised for graduate student positions in November of 2019 for this bat research basically stating in the job description that his doctoral students did not have to be super intelligent but just super confident. By the wording, I take that to mean not afraid to handle live bats and viruses. There is documentation that his graduate students travelled to Canada to visit a lab there. That Canada lab's strains of viruses turned up in Wuhan province shortly after the visit. Too many coincidences.

We should probably stop and get back to pure silhouette talk.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

atomicbrh wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:14 pm It does not take a scientist or lab to create a out of control, incurable virus. All it simply takes is a parent who wants to genetically modify his child to be 12 inches taller, 100 pounds heavier and more muscular and/or be more intelligent than anybody has ever been in his family. These deranged parents will buy the equipment, the vector virus and try it at home.
No way is any person without a multi million dollar lab doing any virus splicing of genes at their own homes.

You need to do some research before you believe everything on the internet
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Yes. I know it seems like it must take millions of dollars worth of equipment, but genetic bootleggers will steal or buy on the black market the equipment they think they need. Who knows if they are successful? Research projects lose funding. Equipment sits idle and administrators do not even know what the equipment is for. Then things start disappearing. I worked on the same campus where a 7 story medical research facility went idle overnight. Monkeys, rats, dogs the whole deal. As part of my clinicals, I helped with gastric emptying studies on dogs. This was decades ago.
Aside#1: Zoran, you have to remember that these kitchen table scientists are mentally deranged in that they buy viruses and other things from labs by illegal means or false documents and then just think they are genetically modifying them with whatever goofy equipment they have cobbed together.
Aside#2: Is not crispr a totally table top, pipetting method of gene editing? I do not think gene splitting is what these pseudoscientists are trying to accomplish but maybe gene editing. There are probably many table top methods of gene editing.
Last edited by atomicbrh on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

atomicbrh wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:53 am Yes. I know it seems like it must take millions of dollars worth of equipment, but genetic bootleggers will steal or buy on the black market the equipment they think they need. Who knows if they are successful? Research projects lose funding. Equipment sits idle and administrators do not even know what the equipment is for. Then things start disappearing. I worked on the same campus where a 7 story medical research facility went idle overnight. Monkeys, rats, dogs the whole deal. As part of my clinicals, I helped with gastric emptying studies on dogs. This was decades ago.
Aside: Zoran, you have to remember that these kitchen table scientists are mentally deranged in that they buy viruses and other things from labs by illegal means or false documents and then just think they are genetically modifying them with whatever goofy equipment they have cobbed together.

So then it does take a lab and scientists? Which is the opposite of what you said earlier...

Even if they steal the lab parts, they still have a lab. If they are deranged scientists, they are still scientists....
atomicbrh wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:14 pm It does not take a scientist or lab to create a out of control, incurable virus.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I edited my last post while you were replying. Gene editing not gene splitting I think is the term. The term scientist probably needed quotations around it.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

For gene editing the most complicated equipment you are going to need is a thermal cycler. They are common on eBay. You can buy a used one for around $100. Centrifuges have become cheaper also. Millions not needed for gene editing. I do not know about gene splitting?
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

atomicbrh wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:53 am
Aside#2: Is not crispr a totally table top, pipetting method of gene editing? I do not think gene splitting is what these pseudoscientists are trying to accomplish but maybe gene editing. There are probably many table top methods of gene editing.
No crispr is not a tabletop method of gene modifying. Go try and find out how much it costs and come back and report here. Also go and find out how many companies do it. I bet they are not on every corner (an exaggeration I know) and it's not being offered on etsy or Ebay for $50 a gene. So no, it's not as easy and cheap as you make it sound nor as you obviously believe.
atomicbrh wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:53 am There are probably many table top methods of gene editing.
Why dont you list these table top methods for me so I can go spend $1000 bucks and become a super athlete for a couple years, make millions, then use that money to spend all my time practicing silhouette.

Your argument is full of fallacies and based on many assumptions you made about stuff you have no idea about.

I have no info on biology or virsus other than a college biology class. I do know, though, that for something to be so common as you describe, it would be cheap and available everywhere. Gene editing is not cheap nor available everywhere.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I never took a biology class in university. Instead I took multiple semesters of:
Anatomy and Physiology
Inorganic chemistry
Organic chemistry
Biochemistry
Analytical chemistry
Pharmaceutics
Pharmacology
Three semesters of physics.
Some nuclear physics courses. They had generic names I cannot remember.
Microbiology
Some radiation physics courses. They also had generic names I cannot remember.
Botany
Zoology
Also did a clinical rotation in a Radioimmunoassay Lab. A field that is now obsolete and was replaced by a newer methodology.
I passed the manual, hand pipetting tests and successfully ran automated pipetting systems like the Aurea II.
In addition I spent some time at Oak ridge and Sandia.
Too busy to read about genetics until now. It is interesting to read about.
A benign ecoli crispr kit for genetic editing runs about a $110 shipped to your door.
It includes the pipets, Petri dishes and all the accessories you need for dyi.