Who has state matches?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Who has state matches?

Post by acorneau »

So my wife asked what she thought might be a silly question at dinner tonight... "How may states have a state match?" I got to thinking and wasn't really sure.

So, what states have state matches?

Smallbore seems to be the most prevalent but I can see where a state might have a lever-action or high-power state match and not a smallbore. Notate if you have one or the other and if you know of neighboring states add them to the list. No need to repeat any unless a correction needs to be made.

I know Texas and Louisiana have multiple state matches.
Allen Corneau
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Who has state matches?

Post by frankmako »

georgia has a smallbore scope state match. except last year. don't know this year.

tennessee use to have smallbore scope and smallbore/pistol cartridge lever action state matches. but the chattanooga rifle club stopped all silhouette shooting several years ago.

jackson tennessee has the "king of tennessee" match. smallbore scope and smallbore lever action. the only place to shoot silhouette in tennessee now. they also have pistol cartridge and looking at bigbore lever action.

alabama use to have smallbore/pistol cartridge lever action state match. they stopped the silhouette program last year in the middle of the season.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

frankmako wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 pmjackson tennessee has the "king of tennessee" match. smallbore scope and smallbore lever action. the only place to shoot silhouette in tennessee now. they also have pistol cartridge and looking at bigbore lever action.
Got any details on that match?
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

North Carolina holds a State Match in Smallbore Silhouette Rifle & Smallbore Silhouette Hunting Rifle on the 1st weekend of June each year.
2, 40-shot matches each day - Smallbore Silhouette on Saturday and Hunting Rifle on Sunday. That way if you can only shoot one day, you still have a chance of winning some awards!!!
The past 5 years - as well as in 2020 - it has been held at Asheville Rifle & Pistol Club - in Asheville, NC - beautiful mountain country!
Next year it is planning on being held at a neighboring range - Piedmont Gun Club near Rutherfordton, NC - still in the Western part of NC!
Both clubs host monthly Silhouette matches as well - come up and give them a try!

I'll be posting the Registration papers soon, so keep your eyes open.

ShootingStar - aka Greg Chandler
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Funny you should ask I'm about to post Tennessee State Championships
Tennessee Sports Foundation
Jackson Tn.

Just got the Sanction notice!

Smallbore Rifle/ Hunter for Oct. 17 2020
and
Smallbore Lever and Pistol Caliber Lever October 18, 2020

About an hour and half east of Gibson's Donuts.... I mean Memphis! :D
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I have attended at least 2 Colorado small bore silhouette state matches.

They are very well run matches with some great door prizes. I remember there were 2 rifles given away as door prizes.

Dave Bonner and his crew put on a well run and fun match. Did I say there is a pot luck on both days?
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Funny you should mention this. Montana no longer has a state match. However I am about to post the info for the Missoula Invitational match which used to be the Montana State Match. Stay tuned!
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

ATTENTION - I posted earlier this year about the North Carolina Smallbore Silhouette Championship Tournament. . .

Well - I've just CANCELLED those matches (in June)!

I light of the Covid-19 increasing cases in my local area and across the Southeast, I, in discussions with my Club's leadership, believe that by June we will likely still be on the growth side of the outbreak. So out of concern for competitors, family members, Boy Scout Target Setters and others in attendance (and those they return home to), we cancelled the matches.

I hope everyone stays healthy and fares well though the shut-downs and all the actions/reactions to trying to minimize the effects of this spreading pandemic.
I wish it could be otherwise, but with something this easily spread, the safe way seems to be the prudent way.

ShootingStar - aka Greg Chandler
Match Director, Air Rifle & Smallbore Silhouette @ Asheville Rifle & Pistol Club
dtokach
Unclassified Poster

Post by dtokach »

North Dakota has State Matches:All matches held at Bismarck By the BMRPA.org. Of course the Covid virus may change or cancel dates.
Smallbore Lever is June 6, 2020
Pistol Caliber Lever is June 6, 2020
HP Lever is June 7, 2020
Smallbore is August 1, 2020
Highpower is August 2, 2020
Cowgirl
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Cowgirl »

Arizona has State Lever Rifle Silhouette matches, LAR, PC and SB. Our match was in February. It was very successful, shooters from 9 states attending. Our Regional is scheduled for October 24-25 if Ben Avery Shooting Facility is open by then. Jeanie
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

Let's all Hope Jeanie
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by rogersptl »

Wyoming at Lander planned for both SB & HP standard on June 27. Hunter SB & HP on the 28th. 2 X 40 each rifle. At this time we expect to be able to be past the virus shut down by June. Anyone wishing the program drop me a note. Limited to 24 SB & 16 HP each day. Thanks Roger
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.