NRA CANCELS MATCHES

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: NRA CANCELS MATCHES

Post by cedestech »

pdeal wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:11 pm I don't mean this as any kind of NRA bashing. I am grateful for what the NRA does. But I was thinking about this alternative sanctioning organization too. I think it should be done but not initially as a sanctioning organization but as a promoter of the sport. It seems like many of the traditional disciplines are falling apart almost by neglect while of newer shooting disciplines receive lots of promotion.

I was following the NRL22 organization on instagram. Partly because I wondered what it was about. They do a really good job of promoting the sport on social media. I think silhouette would benefit from a coordinated promotional effort. This could morph over time to a separate sanctioning organization as needed.
:x

I see it needing to be sooner then later as a time frame... fwiw, my perspective isn't so much NRA bashing as simple extrapolation of previous actions and current situations that would lead to a obvious outcome.... One thing is for sure... time will tell....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

It's not bashing. They just are not getting the job done. Then just canceling everything.
They excell at lobbying. Its what they do. I will give them money for that
But running Silhouette? They should leave it to the shooters.

Luckily Lots of clubs are having matches anyway. No need for NRA. Its just shooting, no permissions needed.

Score keeping and Score View Apps in the works

https://youtu.be/atDoo2ZdUKI

Video samples.
They need testing. 2 clubs signed on as beta testers so far.
But scores can be kept with or without fancy apps.

Intelectual Property? How many nations have Silhouette shooters?
NRA just copied from Mexico anyway.

Who is ready? I am. We can at least keep scores in the interm.
Not certain what the new normal will be, but we are creative we will be just fine.

(Go ahead bash me I can take it)
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Hotrodrockets wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:06 pm It's not bashing. They just are not getting the job done. Then just canceling everything.
They excell at lobbying. Its what they do. I will give them money for that
But running Silhouette? They should leave it to the shooters.

Luckily Lots of clubs are having matches anyway. No need for NRA. Its just shooting, no permissions needed.

Score keeping and Score View Apps in the works

https://youtu.be/atDoo2ZdUKI

Video samples.
They need testing. 2 clubs signed on as beta testers so far.
But scores can be kept with or without fancy apps.

Intelectual Property? How many nations have Silhouette shooters?
NRA just copied from Mexico anyway.

Who is ready? I am. We can at least keep scores in the interm.
Not certain what the new normal will be, but we are creative we will be just fine.

(Go ahead bash me I can take it)
I was busy this weekend (running a match) but am going to sit down and look at that vid you made and poke around.

I do agree if it is to be, it is up to thee...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
K Danz
B Poster
B Poster

Post by K Danz »

Not to bring up a sore subject, but, if we still had score books, we'd still be getting credit for scores/classifications. Clubs could still be shooting with sanctioning. Would have to wait for Grand Slam pins....................
Personally speaking, the books were better than this new system. I think the newer system is more work than the books were.
But that's just me.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

K Danz wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:59 pm Not to bring up a sore subject, but, if we still had score books, we'd still be getting credit for scores/classifications. Clubs could still be shooting with sanctioning. Would have to wait for Grand Slam pins....................
Personally speaking, the books were better than this new system. I think the newer system is more work than the books were.
But that's just me.
Ah Hell No!!!! Don't use Jasons name in vain!!!!
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

I got a note today from a TSRA representative that indicated "...NRA Competition Division and they will be accepting applications for Sanctioning a match starting July 1, for any match scheduled for after July 1, 2020."

FYI.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

My opinion on this is that the NRA tried to do an update of the entire system at the worse time possible and it kind of imploded on itself. Just my .02
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

jbmarshtx wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:25 pm I got a note today from a TSRA representative that indicated "...NRA Competition Division and they will be accepting applications for Sanctioning a match starting July 1, for any match scheduled for after July 1, 2020."

FYI.
Here is the quote from Competitions:

The NRA is pleased to announce that beginning June 15, 2020, the NRA Competitive Shooting Division will begin accepting tournament registrations for sanctioned matches taking place on or after July 1, 2020.
Clubs and match directors are urged to comply with federal, state and local guidelines regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. The NRA will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and/or make additional statements as needed.
Please contact the NRA Competitive Shooting Division at comphelp@nrahq.org or follow NRA Competitive Shooting here or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nracompetitiveshooting.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
jask
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jask »

IMO, the NRA would absolutely be delighted to dump the Silhouette competitions.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

jask wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:49 pm IMO, the NRA would absolutely be delighted to dump the Silhouette competitions.
Hate to be a word Nazi but you misspelled "all"....
jask
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jask »

What did I misspell?
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

He was being funny. Substitute " all" for the word "silhouette" in your post. =))

Bring back the books, bring back the books.....
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

jask wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:55 am What did I misspell?
Steiger has it... I was being facetious... ;)
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I thought it was funny and probably closer to the truth than some people may want to admit.
jask
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jask »

Over 20 years ago when I asked the silhouette director if we could get the NRA to sponsor us in the IMSSU, we were told not only no but hell no and that we were lucky to even have support of silhouette nationally. He did agree to do anything they could as long as it did not cost any money.

BTW, the IMSSU has cancelled the 2020 match.