Southern Nationals Thanks

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Southern Nationals Thanks

Post by duckgumbo »

Jerry and I were at the club this morning for the final clean-up and making notes on how to improve the match for 2009.

We are already planning improvements to make the 19th match better. Donnie and I have already met with Bobby from Bobby's and think that he will do a much better job that will be up to our standards that Donnie and Allen set for our meals. If anyone has some ideas, please let us know and we will do our best to make this match what ya'll want. We hope to have a maximum of 240 next year!

The 212 individual competitors for this year were the best that we have ever hosted! Everyone was most cooperative in helping police trash as well as following all of our range commands so that we could run 6 relays in 3 hours and 56 minutes!

Thank all of you for supporting Winnsboro Gun Club and our community! Jerry and I had our most fun ever and will continue this match as long as the fun continues.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
papabear
A Poster
A Poster

Post by papabear »

Is this Bobby's from downtown, where they serve breakfast all day?

If it is then we will look forward to good meals next year.

How about San Marcos, we eat there everynight anyway?
PaPaBeAr

I'm confused...
Wait...
Maybe I am not.
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

We are in the process of working with Bobby from the Bobby's Family Restaurant that is downtown and serves the best pancakes around. We will not try San Marcos for catering as we do not hable espanol! Jose Rodriguez did offer to do a feast for all the shooters one night and we are entertaining the thought of them doing the Sunday night meal. I sampled the breakffast that Joe cooked each day and it was outstanding. The other times that they cooked was better than most of the fare in town! We do want the shooters to eat in our restaurants at least once as the local merchants are extremely generous to this match.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Ducky,
Having camped next to El Puma (Jose) I can say that the cooking for all of the meals is excellent, now you might want to watch out for him trying to get you to keep up with an IV to the veins for potato juice, or the cactus juice.
And we did have some fun with Snowball having an allergic reaction to mudbugs, wee hours of the morning trip to the Chinese communist distribution center to get medications worked though.

I'll throw in a vote for a South of the Border Mexican meal for next years match along with the other fine Southern food.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Can Jose ( El' Puma) cook or what?????? I suggested he give up medicine and go into the restaurant business....Emeril who???? Jo is the man.......

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

[/quote]Can Jose ( El' Puma) cook or what?????? I suggested he give up medicine and go into the restaurant business....Emeril who???? Jo is the man.......

Commander Kitty, he did the breakfast but there were others involved in the ribs. He is certainly commander of the field kitchen on the east end of the range.

Innocent

jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

No doubt......He is the man and worthy of a command position ......

Commander Kitty
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

And the ribs were fabulous!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Innocent, excellent.........The guy is wasting his time in medicine.......Heal the the healthy in the medical sense......That's what I always say......

Commander Kitty
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kitty,
While you make think he is wasting his time in medicine, I will vouch for at least two cases at the match that he cleared up rather quickly without requiring trips to the local medical profession. There is another case that refused help but you know how some of the older people can be especially when they are embarassed about their own sillyness causing minor injuries. So they wear the scars.
Innocent

EL PUMA
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EL PUMA »

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR ENJOYING MY FOOD. i AM GALD YOU ENJOYED IT.
DUCKY I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO COOK A MEAL FOR EVERYBODY AT THE SHOOTING EVENT OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!! :D
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by duckgumbo »

El Puma,

PM me or email me and we will set up for next year. I want to surprise all!
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop