Pacific Regional Shooting Championship

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Pacific Regional Shooting Championship

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
Just letting you all know that the PRSC is on again. It will be held in early NOV in Brisbane Aus and Silhouette is on the list of events. There will be a 80 shot match in Air,Smallbore Silhouette and Smallbore Hunting. There is to be three,two shooter teams from each country and individual competitors as well. We hope that some teams might come from NRA so speak to your silhouette dept and see if they'll send a team or two. The details can be found at http://www.ssaa.org.au/newssaa/discipli ... mp-08.html

Hope to see some of you there, and the bonus is I'll be your freindly range officer.
Juddy
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Hey EL Puma,
It's slate spring/early summer down under in Nov...you ready to go?

Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day
If any shooters are coming I will organise some Air Rifles for you to use. Also possibly some Cowboy P/C rifles for the Demo shoot so you can take part. I hope some of you can come over, the bonus is you'll be able to shoot in shirts as we will be in the warmer months 18-27 degrees centregrade (64-81F).
When the Aussie team is at Ridgway talk to the Manager Kaye as she is the head of the organising committee for the PRSC.
Juddy
EL PUMA
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EL PUMA »

Innocent, sounds like fun but have to coach the UTEP Rifle team at that time. Maybe next year?
El Puma :D
EL PUMA
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EL PUMA »

Innocent, sounds like fun but have to coach the UTEP Rifle team at that time. Maybe next year?
El Puma :D
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

sounds like fun but have to coach the UTEP Rifle team at that time
Bing them along! :lol:

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
RichardH
Unclassified Poster

Post by RichardH »

Hi Juddy,

I had a look at the rules posted on the SSAA website and it refers to rimfire/smallbore events being run to NRA rules with modified equipment specifications. What exactly is modified?

Cheers,

Richard.
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
Our "Hunting Gun " is based along the IMSSU rules but for the PRSC the NRA specifications for Hunting are being used so that we can attract shooters from all countries especially USA. So the rules are modified for us Aussies but not for NRA shooters. Hopefully there will be some interest from the US and as I said if someone needs a "AIR" rifle who's coming over we can organise that and will try to assist any International competitor as much as we can.
Juddy
RichardH
Unclassified Poster

Post by RichardH »

Hi Juddy,

Thanks for replying. Thats what I was interested in, as to whether the 'Pharr' style stocks currently very popular in the states are legal for your PRSC.

If someone can tell me how to, or help post a picture of my Hunter, I'll upload it.

Richard.
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day Richard
If your rifle is legal for NRA Hunting it will be legal for the PRSC. We are using NRA specs for Hunting so that hopefully there would be teams and individuals from USA. As this is the second PRSC it would be great to see more countries attending. If you are interested in coming over let me know as I will enter you as a individual. If you are organizing a team get in touch with the SSAA or let me know and I'll get the details for team entry to you.
Juddy
RichardH
Unclassified Poster

Post by RichardH »

Hi Juddy,

This is my current NRA Hunter rifle

Image[/img]

Look OK to use in the PRSC? Weight is a tad under 8.5lbs. Never been in a jig although bore line to toe is just under seven inches so should be OK if I wanted to use it for heavy, although I normally use a 54MS.

Regards,

Richard.
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day Richard
Your rifle will be OK for both classes and if you want I'll orgainise a "AIR" rifle for you to use. It would be good if you could bring some other shooters lol.
Juddy
RichardH
Unclassified Poster

Post by RichardH »

Hi Juddy,

Thats good to know. We reweighed the rifle at the weekend on some scales accurate enough to weight atomic particles, and it looks like the rifle's been sneaking out for burgers and doughnuts, its put on some weight. I've had the rifle down at the gym for the last few days and beween that and the chainsaw I'm down far enough to make lightweight.

I'll be accompanying a party of flightless birds to the PRSC, look out for a tall good looking dude who speaks proper.

Richard.