How to attach a picture to a post.

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

How to attach a picture to a post.

Post by mordecai »

Way down at the bottom of your post, there's a set of tabs labeled "Options, Upload Attachments, Poll Creation"

If you select "Upload Attachments" you can give it the location of your file for uploading to your post. It it's a picture file, the picture will be shown in your post!

Simple enough once you locate the tabs at the bottom of the posting page.

SAMPLE PIC!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
CWS
A Poster
A Poster

Re: How to attach a picture to a post.

Post by CWS »

so if I wanted to add a picture of, say, a South TX unicorn I could merely... cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Thanks, this is a lot easier than the way I used to do it with putting the picture in Photobucket first than having to open two IE windows.
ppkny
JRinCo
Unclassified Poster

Post by JRinCo »

Starting from The Market Place section, when I click on post a reply it only gives me OPTIONS and POLL CREATION and doesn't give me UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS. At the bottom of this post there is an option for UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS.
Any ideas.
Thanks
JR
jeauxd
Unclassified Poster

Post by jeauxd »

This is more like it. :D
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

JRinCo wrote:Starting from The Market Place section, when I click on post a reply it only gives me OPTIONS and POLL CREATION and doesn't give me UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS. At the bottom of this post there is an option for UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS.
Any ideas.
Thanks
JR

YER RIGHT! -- FIXED!!
Rossjoy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Rossjoy »

Hi nice this picture.
johndoe
Unclassified Poster

Post by johndoe »

Thanks for showing this.
AddictedToSB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AddictedToSB »

I've been trying got post some pics from Winnsboro, but get a message saying the "Board attachment quota" has been reached. I've only attached a couple of photos in the past, and I made sure my current ones are a small enough file. Is this a "global" quota that is full? Does some old stuff need to be removed before anyone else can post something new?
Baja_Traveler
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Baja_Traveler »

I get this message:

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

Guess I'll stick to the old fashioned way...
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

AddictedToSB wrote:I've been trying got post some pics from Winnsboro, but get a message saying the "Board attachment quota" has been reached. I've only attached a couple of photos in the past, and I made sure my current ones are a small enough file. Is this a "global" quota that is full? Does some old stuff need to be removed before anyone else can post something new?
You are correct. If this forum is anything like another that I moderated, the quota is a SIZE issue in MB/GBytes, not a number of files issue.... If folks would re-size pics that they post to a reasonable size (say 300-400 pixels wide), they system could store a LOT more within the confines of the quota.... As an example a 1200x1200 pic takes exponentially more space on a drive than say a 400X400 pic. Since most monitors are set somewhere between 600 and 1024 pixels TOTAL width, a 300 to 400 pixel image would cover most of the screen and still look great. Some of these pics folks are posting are WAY too huge in size (resolution/size set for printing on 600dpi printers), and do nothing for screen resolution/clarity.

my .02,

-Tim
clayshooter08
B Poster
B Poster

Post by clayshooter08 »

Sorry to be a dummy, but how do I resize my pics, can't upload to big??? THANKS!!!
ADDICTED!!!
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

clayshooter08 wrote:Sorry to be a dummy, but how do I resize my pics, can't upload to big??? THANKS!!!
Open them in Paint on your machine and click resize then change the percentage to whatever size you want (like 50%).
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

clayshooter08 wrote:Sorry to be a dummy, but how do I resize my pics, can't upload to big??? THANKS!!!
I use PhotoShop, but that's expensive/overkill unless you intend do to a lot more with it than just resize pics.

Google "utility for resizing pics" and there are lots of free utilities to do that. Just make sure you run Malware/Spybot checks after you install it to make sure any free software doesnt also have a bot or virus included.

Also, most of the picture hosting services such as Flickr will resize pics too, most of them automatically.

- Tim
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

OldRanger wrote:
Open them in Paint on your machine and click resize then change the percentage to whatever size you want (like 50%).
I keep forgetting about Paint... Got out of the habit of using it when I got Photoshop.

- Tim