Where to Go

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
steveyacht
B Poster
B Poster

Where to Go

Post by steveyacht »

I live on the South Carolina Coast about 120 miles from Charleston, SC, Columbia, SC, Raleigh, NC and about an hour from Wilmington, NC and an hour from Nowhere else!! I would like to find a club that has scheduled silo events where I can go on Sundays to either participate, practice or watch. WIth the Price of gas I would like to keep the distance to within a 150 miles...... preferably less, as that the round trip will eat up a tank of gas. The clubs I currently belong to do not have anything compatable with setting up a Silo shoot, even though I have my own set of targets. One is a Shotgun club and the other you have to set all targets in a line and then the shooter has to move back to the various different distances.

If anyone can give me any suggestions I sure wold appreciate it!

Thanks,

Steve
Steve
Just happy to be here
NRA Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member
US Army Veteran
ole95
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Where to Go

Post by ole95 »

Pistol or Rifle
there are some IHMSA pistol silhouette matches close to you, Not sure if they have rifle matches there also
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Steve, We had a shooter from Columbia at the FLorida States last weekend. So there is some shooting there still.
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
steveyacht
B Poster
B Poster

Post by steveyacht »

ole95 wrote:Pistol or Rifle
there are some IHMSA pistol silhouette matches close to you, Not sure if they have rifle matches there also

Rifle, Small Bore.....
Steve
Just happy to be here
NRA Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member
US Army Veteran
slag22
Unclassified Poster

Post by slag22 »

Steve,

No one in this area shoots smallbore rifle silhouette on Sundays. Mid-Carolina rifle shoots pistol silhouette on the 3rd Sunday in Columbia, SC. Rifle silhouette is done on the third Saturday of the month in Columbia, SC for directions check the web site mid-Carolina rifle. Savannah river rifle and pistol shoots on the second Saturday of the month. In Brunswick Georgia they shoot the third Saturday of the month although this month the state match is being held on both Saturday and Sunday. Roxboro, NC shoots on the first Saturday of the month. Contact information is available from the online version of Shooting sports USA.
Hope you can figure where you want to go.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Can't help you on where to go shoot but I would recommend printing paper targets of silhouettes that are scaled to whatever distance your target line is set from the firing line. Then you could practice at your more local shooting spots. Will the club allow you to setup swingers at the correct distances to shoot from one firing line?

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!