Nationals

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Nationals

Post by kevinpagano »

Does anyone know if there is a schedule out there for the SB Nationals in Raton. I was wondering if the first day is a sight in and practice day or do I need to be there a day early. Trying to get my schedule worked out for the nationals.

Kevin
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kevin,
The smallbore matches are July, 8th, 9th and 10th according to my information in talking with Greg Connors. I would recommend arriving a day early at least to sight in. See you there.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Thanks Mary, I take it that the range will be open Saturday for sight in then. I forgot to ask where I get the sign up sheet or does everyone just sign up when they get there.

Kevin
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Kevin

Call Conners at 1-800-672-3888. When it answers push a 6 and then push 1474#. Ask him to send you a Nationals Registration packet.

c ya there
Gator
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Gator, thanks alot, I have them sending me the package.
Looks like there is a practice day on Saturday the 7th.

Kevin
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kevin,
There will be practice any day that you want at Raton. It will cost a little to shoot practice.
See you there.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Practice

Post by ppkny »

There was a big stink about practice matches being held prior to the nationals at the host club.
I'm sure you will be able to practice at Raton but I would be surprised if there was a match before the start of the nationals.
It was stated that it gives people an advantage if they can or have the means to show up early and shoot a match.
At Ridgway last year there was a match before the nationals but it was because it was there regular scheduled monthly match date.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

So how does a practice match help you more than practice right before a National match. I guess I am wondering what the point would be. I want to put some lead downrange to get used the range and surroundings. I also want to sight in to make sure things are ready to go.

Kevin
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

nationals

Post by ppkny »

Kevin,
I can only presume there is a preceived advantage to shooting a regular match on the same course that the nationals will be held prior to the event.
It could be any number of things. One that comes to mind is that you will be able to observe the weather throughout the match. This is different than just praticing when you get there. Some ranges have very unique and repeatable conditions when it comes to sun position from start of the match to the end, wind ebbs and flows during the day, favored shooting postions etc.