scopeing a L G 300

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
boyfromcoy
Unclassified Poster

scopeing a L G 300

Post by boyfromcoy »

specks on L G 300 says not scopeable but I know I saw them at Baton Rouge. Someone help me on how to scope this rifle.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: scopeing a L G 300

Post by Merlin »

"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
boyfromcoy
Unclassified Poster

Post by boyfromcoy »

I am referring to the target model not the dominator.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Sorry... Not familiar with the differences. I do remember seeing some posts here about scoping "one" of the LG 300 rifles.... :)
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Does your LG300 not have a 11mm rail to mount it on top the receiver? Shouldn't be any problem using most typical mounting methods. I would need to see a picture of it otherwise. If the top is only 11mm dovetail on the very back of the action as my Anschutz was you can either get a cantilever mount from BKL or if there are holes already tapped and plugged on the front of the action you can get a little piece of flat metal with the edges angled to mount and form a front rail. My 8002 needed this to avoid using a cantilever setup.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

I've seen several LG300's with scopes. In looking at the pictures it appears to have the normal dovetail on top to mount the open sights.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

I think the 300 is the same as the LG400. My LG 400 takes standard 11mm rings. Shown are the Sportsmatch high rings. Note the extension rings come in handy for offhand.
boyfromcoy
Unclassified Poster

Post by boyfromcoy »

Thanks for the input. I feel better about my purchase ( 6 week delivery from pyramid) I think I might have an issue with irons on those 45yd rams. Been ordered for about 3 weeks, hope to have in my hands by Winnsboro.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

boyfromcoy wrote:Thanks for the input. I feel better about my purchase ( 6 week delivery from pyramid) I think I might have an issue with irons on those 45yd rams. Been ordered for about 3 weeks, hope to have in my hands by Winnsboro.
Good price for the LG300's compared to what the Styers are going for now.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Yeah you will like it they are fine rifles. I have the high power model LG300 Hunter for Open Class and it is a great shooting rifle. You shouldn't have any issues putting a scope on it. If you have the need to make is as silent as possible to shoot around the house I think you can slip a USED 12 gauge shell with the primer pocket drilled out enough for pellet clearance into the barrel end weight. Makes it much quieter. One of our local shooters devised this for his to make it more backyard friendly.

Dee
scorlett
B Poster
B Poster

Re: scopeing a LG 300

Post by scorlett »

my mistake....

Sorry
Last edited by scorlett on Thu May 30, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
saikatana
B Poster
B Poster

Post by saikatana »

Hey Ter
not familiar with pellet rifles. what are the 3 scope rings in front of the offset mount on the lower rifle for?
Thanks
saikatana
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

Just because....

I am not great with airgun model numbers but the modification you have made to the cocking lever to me would force the right to be shot in open class (and in no way be allowed to be shot in target class).

The rules state:

Target Air Rifle: Any unaltered factory target air rifle designed for U.S. and International 10 meter
competition. (i.e., as produced or sold by Anschutz, Beeman, Crosman, Daisy, Feinwerkbau, RWS, Steyr
and Walther). Use of scopes or iron sights, including diopter sights is allowed. Any older gun may be
brought up to current factory specifications using only factory catalogue barrel weights.

Since you have altered the rifle, even if it is minor, the way I read the NRA rules, it would be forced into open class. I am not saying I agree with the rule, but be aware. If I were on a jury, based on my read it would be disqualified.

Greg
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

saikatana wrote:Hey Ter
not familiar with pellet rifles. what are the 3 scope rings in front of the offset mount on the lower rifle for?
Thanks
saikatana

To help tame the recoil of those savage rifles of course. You don't want the scope moving under all the sudden shock each time you shoot it. =))

Notice they aren't even mounted at any point other than to the scope itself. My money is Ter is probably using them to add a bit of weight for balance to his liking. Either that or he has a hard time remembering where he puts his spare sets of rings and this way he never forgets :lol:

Dee
saikatana
B Poster
B Poster

Post by saikatana »

Thanks Dee
Got so much to learn about air rifles and how they differ from rimfire
saikatana