Clark Williams

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Clark Williams

Post by Innocent »

It is with a sad heart that I mention fellow barefoot shooter Clark WIlliams passed away after a battle with a brain tumor. For those of us that shot with Clark we will always remember him as such a fun loving person and quite the shooting partner to Jerry P Tureau.
We will miss your flips flops to the line Clark.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Re: Clark Williams

Post by jneihouse »

Mary,

Sad news, indeed. I remember Clark fondly, hair flying in the wind, flip flops a'flappin, arms and legs incredibly long, shooting position all wrong (except for the elbow on the hip) shooting incredible scores. Full of life...he will be missed.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
CWS
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CWS »

In a sport noted for its characters and cowboys, Clark stood out from the crowd. Friendly, affable, easy going, laid back... however you choose to describe him, Clark was a part of our tribe. We'll miss him. We are diminshed.

CWS
yankee
A Poster
A Poster

Post by yankee »

Clark always stood out from the rest. Maybe it was the flip flops or the way he stood or the way he shot but probably a lot of it was just Clark, a good honest person. We are saddened that he left us behind. Our prayers for his family and peace for Clark.
Chad
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

I am very, very sorry to hear this.

I watched Clark hit 10 pigs in a Coonass Team Shoot with an old Remington Nylon 12 bolt action. He was elated when the 10th one fell. He spun around and yelled to the crowd: "Deal with it." Everybody just roared.

I asked him about the trigger and he said; "About 8 pounds. Here, try it." A nice person, a fine marksman, a gentleman, one of a kind.
Last edited by ajj on Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
powding
B Poster
B Poster

Post by powding »

Once you met him you could not forget him. Definitely, the most type B personality I ever met in silhouette. Great person and may he rest in peace.
Varn
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Varn »

Wow, are we ever diminished! Sorry to hear of his passing. Clark was an extremely well liked person and with good reason. Ajj that coonass shoot was in 2002 at the Sunshine classic if memory serves me correctly. I am proud to have been part of it with Clark, Jerry Tureau, and Alan Mccoulough. Clark was telling me before hand he had a secret weapon. When I got there from PA that Remington Nylon rifle was not what I was expecting for sure. He also shot a 39 with his Anshutz hunter during that weekend. He will be missed by all who knew him. Mark Varner