NRA Shooting Sports Calendar

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

NRA Shooting Sports Calendar

Post by slowstdy »

Am i the only one who is appalled with the NRA/Shooting Sports lack of work on the 2007 Calendar? It was last updated November 15, 2006.
http://www.nrapublications.org/sh.%20sp ... events.asp
To quote the web page.
"Shooting Sports USA is the hottest source of information for the competitive shooter, from smallbore to high-power, air to action pistol and everything between."
Hate to think what a luke warm source is.
This is a very important resource for clubs running matches, if it is not updated with match dates, clubs loose out.
I have sent email to the address below.

publications@nrahq.org, silhouette@nrahq.org, compadmin@nrahq.org.

To the attention of Mike Krei, he is the Director of Competitive Sports.
If we have learned anything from the NRA, it is that Lobbing works. If you have the time just send them an email asking them to Update this very important resource ASAP.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

SSUSA

Post by ppkny »

I tried contacting them before but their take on the publication policy is that they need 3 months lead time to get it into the magazine.
So if your matches start in March you need to get them the info in December. And....that means you need to send in your info to the NRA in Oct/Nov to get in back and verified.
Yeah right, I know I try to plan ahead in scheduling matches but this seems ridicules.
I'm with you. I'll send another nasty to the NRA and SSUSA but it's the SSUSA that needs the nudge.
ppkny
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Thanks Ppkny
SSUSA is part of the NRA and comes under the competitive direction. I have trouble understanding the 3 months thing! but even so, up dating every month would be better than nothing for 5 months, especially this time of year.
I find when politely complaining it helps to copy people at the top of the chain.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

shooting sports

Post by Jerry G »

Like I said on another post, we would be better served by a newspaper format. The lag time should be less than a day. I don't know why the information couldn't be put on a web site which would be even better. The NRA needs to drag itself into the modern world of computers and the Gore invention of the internet.