High Woman Trophy

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

since we're adding catagories, can we have high lefty. I get tired of looking thru the wrong side of the scope.

Oh and FWIW, my 9 year old saw people GETTING MONEY for shooting and shot his first matches last weekend. He wants some 10 pins and some scratch. trophies are ok. My daughter just wants to stomp me and beat Larry Engle. She's 1/2 way there...........the money is good, too.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

At Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club we only give out High Lefty awards if the said lefty is shooting a right-handed bolt action or semi-automatic rifle and there are more than two lefties in the High Lefty Category. To clarify: right-handed stock and bolt on right and they must work the bolt with their right hand. Lefties really feel comfortable with that sharp right-handed comb on those Pharrs and Mcmillan stocks. I think it gives them an equipment advantage with a more repeatable cheek weld but we give them their award anyway. If said Lefty is shooting a left-handed, left bolt rifle he cannot shoot in the High Lefty Category.

Bobby R. Huddleston
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

I'm in favor of awarding the Big Bore award. This is for those people who are above and beyond gregarious, for whom the urge to share exceeds all expectations. Southerners are catagorically excluded from qualification for this award since their conversation is purposfull even if it borders on conspiracy.

dwl
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

High woman

Post by ppkny »

I like to try to get this thread back on point from the original author
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

I agree with ppkny but suggest the "no category and class" approach stand since the issue is encouraging new and rising shooters.
I am sure an Overall or High Master award along with a lot of the perks that go with this achievement make the High Lady or High Junior or Hi Senior award kinda wane in the great scheme of things and might be better appreciated by the up-and-comer.
The fact that Cathy or Mary won Overall or High Master and obviously she was the high female shooter, that they chose to take themselves out of the HL category could/would/should put credibility back into the award. A shooter may place him/herself into a higher class any time they wish and that choice removes them from competition in any lower class. Let that apply to category as well. Spread out the awards.
I hear this
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Gator,
How 'bout them Gators on Monday? Are you goin' be bearable in Jax?

Amen to your remarks on awards, class awards always mean more to me than category.

See you next week.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Innocent wrote:Gator,
How 'bout them Gators on Monday? Are you goin' be bearable in Jax?
Just goin' to be my usual "Meller Feller". Heard from Chuck lately? Want to make sure the Sunshine Classic is still on.

c ya
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Meller Feller Gator,
Haven't heard from Chuck recently, but I'm not too worried, the shooters will be there!!
Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.