During the week club matches & practice sessions

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

During the week club matches & practice sessions

Post by Pete A. »

I travel quite a bit in the SE US; Texas, OK, AR, LA, MS, TN, GA, NC, SC, FL. Often I can drive my car so can slip a rifle in the trunk.

I often put a low power airgun (Daisy 753 w/scope) and shoot 7-12 yds in my motel at night. But this has it limits.

Can we come up with a data base of clubs & contacts that have during the week shoots for us poor traveling salesman? Here at Bayou Rifles in Houston we have Tuesday night shoots during daylight savings time; very informal.

In fact I'm making a road trip next week; Houston>> Jackson, MS>> Memphis >> Dallas >> Houston. Be nice to spend an evening burning ammo and meeting fellow shooters versus eating too much with one of my sales rep's.

Pete A.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Pete A.: I run the Smallbore Silhouette Rifle Matchs in Jackson, MS. at Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club which are the only Rifle Silhouette Matchs in the area. We hold approved NRA matchs the second Saturday of the month every month February through November excluding the month of June. We do not have any week day matchs at this time mainly because our range faces South and the setting Sun is brutal to the point targets are hard to see. Afternnoon practice makes hats and sunshades mandatory. Our pistol range has a row of trees in just the right place and I plan on holding a Tuesday night Air Pistol Silhouette Series during daylight savings time as soon as I can convince the board of directors to approve it. The board wants me to really build up the Smallbore program first. Bring your smallbore rifle when in the Jackson area and I will bring the targets. We will shoot full practice matchs if you want after work when you are in the Jackson, MS. area. Bring hearing protection. Our range is a dual use range allowing centerfires also except on Match day. If you do not want to shoot smallbore, we can shoot Air Pistol Matchs at my house. We have great air pistol targets and we can share pistols.
E-mail me if you want to get together.

Bobby R. Huddleston
E-mail: atomicbrh@hotmail.com
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

Pete: The Benton Gun Club near Little Rock will shoot its summer series of Wednesday evening smallbore silhouette matches and Tuesday evening air rifle silhouette matches beginning April 17 with air rifle and ending September 5 with smallbore. These are NRA approved, bring-your-scorebook matches that get a good turnout. Start at 6:30. Outdoors with a covered firing line. We alternate hunter/standard smallbore rifles but will certainly be glad to see you shoot what you have. Or fix you up with equipment for that matter.
Map at www.bentongunclub.org
There's nothing like weekly matches to get up to speed. It does burn out Match Directors so we try to support their efforts. Thanks Frank, George, Greg, Scott, others.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Pete,

I'm in Woolmarket, MS which is north of Biloxi. If you pm or email me I'll pass my numbers on to you. If your in the area, call and we can go to our range and hold a informal match. I never really need an excuss to shoot.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Pete,

Beginning April 18, 2007, the Benton Gun Club will have NRA approved matches every Wednesday evening starting at 6:30 PM. These matches will run until September 5, 2007. The matches alternate between smallbore rifle and hunting rifle. The first match in April will be smallbore rifle and the following week hunting rifle, etc., etc. You can get additional information as well as a map to the range at the club web site http://bentongunclub.org/ . We would be happy to have you join us whenever you find yourself in the area.

Greg Sullivan
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

GTS wrote:Pete,

Beginning April 18, 2007, the Benton Gun Club will have NRA approved matches every Wednesday evening starting at 6:30 PM. These matches will run until September 5, 2007. The matches alternate between smallbore rifle and hunting rifle. The first match in April will be smallbore rifle and the following week hunting rifle, etc., etc. You can get additional information as well as a map to the range at the club web site http://bentongunclub.org/ . We would be happy to have you join us whenever you find yourself in the area.

Greg Sullivan
Don't forget about the Air Rifle matches that are every Tuesday evening for the same time peroid. Heck, spend the night!
Image Chicken George
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Beginning in mid April the Old Fort Gun Club at Fort Smith Arkansas will begin holding an informal practice session at the range starting at around 6:00 every thursday evening. Call me at 479-883-9345 and I'll make arrangements to let you in the gate.

Kitty, The Keeper of The Gate
Commander in Chief, F Troop