Shooting Sports-Coming Events

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Shooting Sports-Coming Events

Post by cslcAl »

Lately there has been a lot of ranting on here about the delay in publication of schedules ect. in Shooting Sports. Here is the criteria listed on the Application to conduct an NRA tournament. ( In order to be listed once in the Coming Events section of Shooting Sports USA, applications and programs must be sanctioned by the NRA Competitive Shooting Division by the 15th of the month, two months before the month of issue. If you desire publicity in more than one issue (up to a maximum of 6 months), an sdditional month's notice must be allowed for each monthly listing).
Now; I am not defending the NRA for taking so long to publish our information. What I am bringing to light is the fact that this deadline is stated very clearly on the application; and if your clubs information is not listed in time for your match, go to your match director and ask him or her why the information was not sent in on time.
RANT AWAY Al Foust
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Hi Al, I think we all understand the system, but what about the web site?
http://www.nrapublications.org/sh.%20sp ... events.asp
You can update a web site in a few minutes. They are way behind.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Limey, Good point. I just checked the web-site, and it is not a current as the magazine issue I got in the mail yesterday. You are partially right too about us understanding the system. Those of us who are match directors do know. But the other 99.657% who never ran anything don't know. Al
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

And the new shooters looking for a place to shoot Silhouette that do not know of this website will never know.

Is there a club directory from previous matches on the website??
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Shooting Sports

Post by ppkny »

Guys,
Here's a list a compile each year to help out the shooters in the NY/PA area. I downloaded it into a .jpg and with any luck it should be readable or printable as a full size photo 8x12. It's a work in progress so it's not done yet but it has plenty of info.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151 ... IL2007.jpg

Please let ne know if it comes over okay. This is the first time I've tried converting a msword doc to to jpg.
Thanks,
ppkny
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

shooting sports

Post by ppkny »

The file worked. When you view it in the html format it's only at 54%. Bring it into a photo program like Corel or Photoshop and you can view it full size. Or, just print the url and it prints full size.
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

ppkny
you have email
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

nra

Post by Jerry G »

We understand the system. IT SUCKS!!!! They try to get way too fancy with Shooting Sports and it all taks time. If you submit your schedule right before Christmas, It will make Shooting Sports by the middle of the following year. That is not acceptable.