Meeting of the minds

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Meeting of the minds

Post by jneihouse »

We kicked it around half seriously a few days ago, the idea of having an open meeting of interested Match Directors before or during the Major matches this year (except the nationals, they have the competitors meeting) to exchange ideas in an effort to help folks that are currently running matches or plan to start. Any interest still left in that? Would it even be of any value? Waste of time? ????

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Kitty,

I think it is a good idea but how would we get the word out to new match directors or ones who want to start?

Just to get the brain storming started how about a artical posted on this forum titled how to get a match started and give contact information on the match directors who are members here. Then post a date, time and location at a major match were we will all be.

Just my .02 cents
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Hello, how about including anybody that's truly interested in helping promote our sport. I know several MD's that do not attend large matches but people from their clubs that do could pass on useful information to them if allowed to be at the meetings as well, just a suggestion. Tony
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Tony,

I second that.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

lone ringer wrote:Hello, how about including anybody that's truly interested in helping promote our sport. I know several MD's that do not attend large matches but people from their clubs that do could pass on useful information to them if allowed to be at the meetings as well, just a suggestion. Tony
Hi Guys & Gals

At the risk of
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Gator,

Might want to make the match info a seperate post here with the place and date in the title so everyone can find it quick, just my .02 cents

As far as "Hijack" I think that is what this section is for and BS'ing.

Concur on having one of them meetings then.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

genphideaux wrote:Gator,

Might want to make the match info a seperate post here with the place and date in the title so everyone can find it quick, just my .02 cents.
Dawg

I will do just that a little later. Just seemed to be a way to get on this thread and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

c ya next week.... Got a poke full of Valium for Chuckles.....

Gator
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Gator,

Now I see, said the blind man to his deaf son as he picked up his hat and cane.

Save a few of them pills for me.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Deguello
B Poster
B Poster

Jax

Post by Deguello »

Chuck's got some Crown tonight and around 70 shooters, so far. He may not need the pills. But, bring them anyway - just in case.

So, does this mean there's a meeting at Jax, sometime that weekend?

Sounds like Mr. Neihouse volunteered to be moderator :shock:
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

I agree with Tony and Dawg, an open meeting would be a good thing. Will moderate if the group wants. We need a where and a when.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop

Post by Guest »

Friday - AFTER the Jumbo Shrimp - everybody that wants to should be there and have access!
Deguello
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Deguello »

Friday - AFTER the Jumbo Shrimp - everybody that wants to should be there and have access!
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Steelchickens is the best think that has happened to our sport in a long time and with enthusiastic people like the ones in this forum we may just save the sport from extinction. I will be letting all my friends know about this place.
Happy Easter everyone. Tony