Any results from the Sunshine Classic ?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Any results from the Sunshine Classic ?

Post by Bob259 »

Anyone got any of the results from the Sunshine Classic?
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Bob,
Typical Sunshine Classic, Gator was right, if you have it take it with you. Even Cathy was a little cold for a while. Nice conditions on Friday and Saturday and very wet conditions Sunday morning, followed by clearing and gusty cold winds.
Had one young shooter Ryan Pitchford break out of B on Saturday with 22 in the morning. Kolby Rassmussen shot well in AA, holding on to a 30 average across the weekend, must have been the spotter (Kitty).
Hunter gun was won by Cathy with a 65 (?) follwed by Motl 63, Lawton 61 and Tureau and Watkins tying at 60. Tough to shoot off against your spotter, as Tureau and I were spotting for each other.

I'm sure Chuck will get the results posted soon, the shrimp and hot dogs were great as ususal, but Tureau and Mongo cooked some Gumbo as well, that was also great. Ate so much don't really remember much of Saturdays match, other than the great weather then.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Thanks Mary...

Post by Bob259 »

Hard to beat Kitty when he's spotting :wink: . Would have loved to been there and tried that Gumbo!!!

How was the long awaited 'Bling' race between Kitty and the boys, any outright winners :lol: .
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Bob,
I didn't see any serious outright winners on the Bling contest except mine of course, the first one on the line with a Steel Chickens.com sticker on it. My stash arrived on Thursday, and I went to a going home lunch for the Irish crew working with us here and they found my stickers so I only had three left after lunch. My son snagged one, I put one on my new rifle and gave the other to "The General" (Big Dawg) as he was complaining that he hadn't recieved his yet. There sure were some pretty rifles on the line though, much better looking than the people operating the triggers on them!!

Mary

Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Innocent wrote:Bob,
I didn't see any serious outright winners on the Bling contest except mine of course, the first one on the line with a Steel Chickens.com sticker on it.......... There sure were some pretty rifles on the line though, much better looking than the people operating the triggers on them!!

Mary
LOL..... Yes, Yes I can believe that!! LMAO. Hoping my stickers make it here today as a friend got his on Friday.

We are suffering through this Notheaster right now up here and the snow is wet and heavy, it may be a month before we can even see the range at this rate.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Bob,
I'm back at work and looked at the satellite pictures of the weather, sure looks nasty over a lot of the country. Beautifully clear here today, but a little on the cold side, around mid fifties. Understand the rain in Texas has them planning on taking the mud boots to the states next weekend, we could use some of the rain guys, send it our way.

Mary

jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Bling contest was on hold, Paul and I are each waiting for the other to make the next move. We can't keep a secret, so it's hard to one up anyone. Great time was had by all, with Winstead and Lawton settling the hunter match on the line at the turkeys in a howling gale....Will pos a few pics and some commentary in a couple days. Been away from the office for a few days and today is filing deadline for taxes, so you know what I'll be doing.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Sunshine Clasic

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Just back about 2pm today, A hell of a long drive, but it was worth every minute, Great match, myself and the rest of the guys from the Houston area had a great time. Best of all was the Kowa scope I won as a door price. I will re-phrase myself, winning the team match on Friday was even better.
Thank You "Chuck" it was a great match. We will be back next year.
Evelio.
Evelio
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Now that's a door prize!
ImageImage
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Sunshine Clasic

Post by stsbuyer »

Evelio Mc Donald wrote:Just back about 2pm today, A hell of a long drive, but it was worth every minute, Great match, myself and the rest of the guys from the Houston area had a great time. Best of all was the Kowa scope I won as a door price. I will re-phrase myself, winning the team match on Friday was even better.
Thank You "Chuck" it was a great match. We will be back next year.
Evelio.
Had a great time and the match went a smooth as anyone could ask for. Four relays and it only took about 2-1/2 hour per match. Evelio is coming back next year, so that means I must be driving again, so I will be there. I will be headed to Austin for Texas smallbore on Friday if work does not interfere.

Paul
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Paul,
How dare youuse a four letter word like "work" on a public forum, we all know what is important in life!!!
Mary

jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

A special thank you to Chuck Deeson, you ran a great match. Was a lot of fun, look forward to next year. Lots of good memories made with old and new friends. You guys that don't travel to these kinds of matches are missing a lot.

For once Chiken George was right, the weather did turn to crap on Sunday...Did provide one of the most exciting finishes that I've ever watched in a match. Saturday was predictable, warm weather, decent conditions. Sunday, however, was a different story. Awoke to a steady rain that held up through most of the first match. Match 2 was a wind fest, with the flags at the turkeys showing left to right most of the match and the flag at the rams showing right to left. Intermittent sun and overcast also added to the difficulty. Due to a mechanical failure in her rifle, Cathy Winstead found herself down 3 targets to Troy Lawton, who shot a strong first match. As match 2 progressed the conditions worsened with Lawton maintaining his 3 target lead over Winstead going into the last set of animals, the dreaded Turkeys. In what was possibly the worst conditions of the day Winstead dropped 9 to Lawton's 5 to take the Hunter rifle agg by one target. Amazing shooting by both competitors in adverse conditions.

Lots of younger shooters, which is very encouraging, and most of the usual suspects, which makes for a lot of fun. Host hotel this year was MUCH better that the Hospitality Inn IMHO. Had a good time relaxing around the pool with old friends...By the way the rooms overlooking the pool offer a great view when the weather is warm.....Really enjoyed the chance to visit the beach....Met a lot of "interesting" folks down there. Arkansas's own Jim McMahan learned a valuable lesson about jumping into the surf with loose fitting boxer briefs on.....No, ma'am that's not a manatee out there that Jim McMahan sans briefs.....Kolby learned that hot young girls in bikini's aren't impressed by french fries, but seagulls are....Ever seen seabulls mug a 14 year old??....Also learned if you get them to hover over Kolby long enough by tossing fries into the air one will eventually crap on his head.....Got to be a life lesson there....Also should be noted here for future reference purposes that not everyone looks good in a thong.....further proof that not all are created equal.....

Anyway, thanks again Chuck. We had a good time.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

Sorry that I was not able to make the match and win the Kowa scope! Chuck ALWAYS runs a quality match and lots of fun and games! I still have not heard who won the BS award. Could it be that Kitty is in mega-practice mode for Winnie? Don't forget that Mongo will be at Winnie with his mascot - Halfreau!

Cannot wait until next year for Jacksonville! I WILL BE THERE!!!!!
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

duckgumbo wrote:.... I still have not heard who won the BS award. Could it be that Kitty is in mega-practice mode for Winnie? Don't forget that Mongo will be at Winnie with his mascot - Halfreau!

Cannot wait until next year for Jacksonville! I WILL BE THERE!!!!!
Or it could it that new guy that Ducky is coaching!!!! LOL :D
Deguello
B Poster
B Poster

2007 Sunshine Classic Results

Post by Deguello »

2007 Sunshine Classic Official Results are in and are posted on the website:

http://home.comcast.net/~fbray11/index.html

Go to Sunshine Classic Logo and click Results below logo. 8)