Louisiana CLA Silhouette Championship December 6-7, 2014

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Louisiana CLA Silhouette Championship December 6-7, 2014

Post by dustinflint »

The program and entry form for the 2014 Louisiana Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette Championship are attached. The dates are December 6-7, 2014.

The match will be held at the Ascension Parish Sheriff's range in Gonzales, LA. This will save almost everyone attending the match at least two hours of drive time each way and there are several nice restaurants and hotels within a mile of the range and the Cabela's retails store is next door.

Due to time constraints with the short days in December the match is limited to 24 shooters for each rifle. If you attended the match last year, you may contact me to hold a spot. If you have not previously attended the match, please send in an entry form ASAP.

As always, we will have outstanding food and the match will be lots of fun. Please come join us in December!

Dustin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Louisiana CLA Championship is FULL

Post by dustinflint »

Everyone,

The match initially filled up in 2.5 hours so the shooter limit was expanded from 24 to 32 and the match is now full. A couple of shooters may have to cancel so if you have not entered and you'd like to be put on a waiting list, email or PM me.

Also, a couple of the shooters below plan to shoot only smallbore and PC so if you're interested in shooting only CLA rifle, let me know.

Just for clarity and so folks wont worry about whether they're entered, the following shooters are entered in the match.

Atwood, Joe
Blanchard, Skip
Boydstun, Jerry
Eaton, Vern
Eickenhorst, Ben
Eickenhorst, Sam
Everheart, Teresa
Finley, Bruce
Flint, Dustin
Flint, Kevin
Goodnight, Jim
Harlow, Wayne
Harper, Eric
Hatch, Danny
Lee, Dylan
Lee, Judy
Lee, Tim
Markwardt, Kimbal
Massey, Joanne
Massey, Robert
McClure, Charlie
Oneil, Lee
Steiger, Pat
Steinman, Vern
Sullivan, Greg
Sullivan, Susan
Tureau, Jerry
Vaughn, Kevin
Walk, Woody
Wands, Wayne
Wolley, Rod
Zander, William

Looking forward to seeing everyone in December.

Dustin
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Louisiana CLA RESULTS

Post by dustinflint »

We appreciate all the shooters who came down to Baton Rouge for the Louisiana CLA championship this weekend. The match was full with the match limit of 32 shooters.

Louisiana is a great state for silhouette shooters. We have 5 smallbore matches per month either in-state or in nearby Mississippi; we have monthly highpower and cowboy matches; we shoot more air rifle silhouette here than anywhere, and we host state championships in all the silhouette games in addition to a major regional in Winnsboro and the Air Rifle Silhouette National Championships. All that said, we do not have a gun club or facility capable of hosting a big match that is set up for cowboy silhouette shooting. So, when we have this state championship, we have to haul in all of the rails, targets, and swingers, including a full set of highpower targets and railroad rails capable of supporting them. Considering that, the match this weekend absolutely could not have happened if not for my brother, Kyle Flint. Kyle provided use of his diesel truck, his huge flatbed trailer, his tractor, his 4-wheeler and his time to make this match happen. He spent an entire day last weekend gathering highpower targets and railroad rail from our highpower range. He then spent an entire day Friday loading everything onto his trailer with his tractor and hauling it to the range and setting up two ranges. He then spent an entire day Saturday target setting and leading the target setting crew on the smallbore and PC targets. He then spent his entire day today setting highpower rams, tearing down the range, loading all the rails and targets, hauling them 50 miles, and unloading them. He put 36 miles on his 4-wheeler from Friday-Sunday! Most difficult of all, he put up with me all that time and listened to me tell him what to do, which has never been easy for him! Kyle was absolutely the most important person involved with this match. I would have recognized him and his crew at the awards ceremony today but he was already working hard tearing down the range! I appreciate him and all his effort VERY MUCH!!!

As usual, the level of competition at this match was extremely high and our three state champions and overall champion put forth great performances.

On Saturday morning, Jerry Boydstun and Wayne Harlow both shot 37/40 in the Smallbore Cowboy Rifle match. Jerry beat Wayne in a 5-shot shootoff to claim the state championship.

On Saturday afternoon, William Zander took the Pistol Cartridge state championship with an outstanding 38/40.

Today, Sunday, Robert Massey fired a 37/40 in the Centerfire CLA match to take the state championship.

Our overall aggregate state champion was William Zander who fired a 34/40 in smallbore, 38/40 in PC and 35/40 in CLA for an aggregate score of 107/120 to edge out Jerry Boydstun (106/120) for the championship.

Jerry Tureau cooked a great gumbo on Saturday for lunch - his cooking is what continues to bring competitors to Louisiana - thanks again Jerry!

Again, thank you so much to all the competitors who made the trip and continue to support this match - we hope to see you all here again next December!

Results from the match are below:
2014 LA CLA Scorebook.jpg
Dustin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TexasSilhouette
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Louisiana CLA Silhouette Championship December 6-7, 2014

Post by TexasSilhouette »

time lapse of the long line, more to come.
http://youtu.be/i0FDtgs5Jg4